Owner/Creative Director, MCM 1/98 – present
• Conceptualized, designed and wrote copy for a wide array of marketing communications,
including: annual reports, magazines, catalogues, direct mail, web sites, email blasts,
banners, brochures, signs, logos, trade show displays and billboards. Created a clear,
compelling brand identity for a major country club community and played a pivotal role in
the successful branding of a new state-of-the-art Open Heart Center at Citrus Memorial
Health Care System that defined who they are, what they offer and why they are better
than the competition.
• Clients: Citrus Hills, Terra Vista, Citrus County Sheriff’s Office, Jefferson Health Care System,
Citrus Memorial Health System, Therapy Management Corporation, Penn Medicine,
Villanova University, Harcum College, American Philanthropy Association, BBC Tavern &
Grill, The Restaurant School, Apollo Deep Sea Fishing, TAL Tech and Sokol Vineyards.
Marketing Director 6/94 – 1/98
Assistant Marketing Director 9/91 – 6/94
Frankford Health Care System • Philadelphia, PA
• Led a five-member in-house ad/pr agency for the largest health care provider in Northeast
Philadelphia and Lower Bucks County, comprised of three leading-edge community
hospitals, a strong network of outpatient centers and 550 plus staff physicians.
• Created and managed an innovative communications strategy with an annual budget of
$1.25 million. Cut costs by more than $.25 million by bringing much of the creative work
in-house, while increasing both the quality and quantity of marketing communications.
• Ensured appropriate logo and visual identity standards were used in all communications.
• Increased media placement by 300 percent by boosting the volume of releases, expanding
distribution outlets and building stronger media contacts.
• Edited, designed and supervised print production of a 16-page, award-winning monthly
employee magazine circulated to nearly 2,500 employees and a 16-page, award-winning
quarterly magazine direct mailed to 100,000 community leaders and residents.
• Wrote, created and implemented a marketing campaign for the hospital’s new maternity
center that led to a 15 percent increase in birth volumes. The campaign included a direct
response brochure, billboards, ads, special events and a club featuring member incentives.
• Planned special events ranging from grand opening ceremonies for new, state-of-the-art
Cancer and Heart centers and black tie fundraisers to annual Women’s Health Days,
featuring famous keynote speakers and multiple seminars throughout the day.
• Produced and supervised the in-house production of ads, billboards, annual reports, direct
mailers, newsletters, flyers, posters, invitations, identity systems, web sites and more.
• Revitalized the Speaker’s Bureau by marketing it to community organizations, recruiting new
and diverse speakers, and writing pre- and post-event releases for all speaking events.
Photo Instructor/Graduate Assistant 9/88 – 5/91
Temple University • Philadelphia, PA
Photojournalist 5/89 – 8/90
Daily Local News • West Chester, PA
Master’s of Journalism 5/91
Temple University Philadelphia, PA • Summa *** Laude
Bachelor’s of Communications
Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP)