“Me in 30 seconds”
I am a visionary artist. Working for several years in television production, I constantly adapt to the rapidly changing entertainment industry. My experience includes producing, directing, photographing and editing of “Baba Quan”, a 30-minute video, resulting in a program produced for under $1000. My goal is to create videos, films, artwork and books that expand the imagination and that inspire the soul.
BRUCE A BAKER
1917 South 1200 East # 7 SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84105
• Producer/director/director of photography/editor of “Baba Quan”, a 30-minute video, resulting in a program produced for under $1000.
• Recognized as the top video duplicator creating 14% of all product, twice the output of other employees, resulting in greater profits with lower labor costs and with fewer returns.
• Identified and prompted key-players, resulting in a successfully negotiated union work contract between employees and employer.
• Multi-tasked recording satellite television programming while simultaneously playing back on-air programs and commercials as well as creating the overnight programming playlist resulting in savings on labor costs.
• Self-motivated with attention to detail that creates results and profits.
• Manage multiple tasks resulting in more production in less time.
• Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment as well as work closely with co-workers on assignments.
• Prioritize tasks producing a workable action plan that is easy to follow.
• Creative in finding new ways to complete projects faster with greater accuracy.
• In-depth knowledge of television production and equipment.
• Reliable and quick thinking in difficult situations.
• Adaptive/flexible to the operation of new equipment on-the job as the television industry switches from analog video to digital to high definition resulting in greater video production and higher profits.
• Videotape operator, KSL-TV Channel 5, Salt Lake City, UT. Record television programs from satellite. Record and playback commercials. Operate the Character Generator during the locally produced show “Spotlight 5”. Record and delay playback of network programming. Operate the audio board during commercial production and newscasts. Record and edit locally produced sports program, “BYU Coaches Show”.
• Master control operator, KPNZ-TV Channel 24, Salt Lake City, UT. Record television programs from satellite. Record and play back commercials. Create the overnight programming and commercial playlist. Using Final Cut Pro, edit the promotions for the weekly programs. Remove snow from satellite dishes as needed.
• NTSC/PAL Videotape Operator, Warner Bros./MVF, Los Angeles, CA. Transfer master programs to videotape, both NTSC and Pal formats. Convert NTSC video to PAL video. Edit out commercial blacks. Edit logos & trailers into programs. Create promotional videos for television shows and conventions.
Additional Professional Experience
Video editor Actor Camera operator Lighting
Set props Set construction Set decoration Grip work
• Bachelor of Art, Film/Video Production, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT.
• Certificate of Completion Candidate, Media & Web Design, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT.
• Member of the Editor's Guild
Skills / Equipment
Video Editing (FCP) Website developer Problem Solving
Video Tape Machines Bilingual Spanish Critical Thinking
Master Control Switchers Graphic/Logo Creation Attention to Detail
Video CG Prompter Creative Writing Reading Comprehension
Video Camera Pop Art Painting Hand-Eye Coordination
Pop art painter of over 50 paintings
• Spanish: Fluent in reading, able to speak and understand as needed
video film media communications video editor video camera operator
photographer graphic artist art video production website writer artist
actor director final cut pro adobe premiere pro