MICHAEL T. ANELLO
15415 SKYLINE DRIVE PHONE: (908) 892-9909
DUMFRIES, VA 22025 email@example.com
To obtain a position as a Multimedia Journalist.
Bachelor of Arts – Journalism May 2011
Rowan University - Glassboro, NJ
GPA: 3.6 – Dean’s List - Sigma Alpha Lambda Honor Society
SCORE Atlanta – Atlanta, GA May 2010 – August 2010
Intern – Sports Reporter/Writer
• Reported on Atlanta-area professional, college, and high school athletics.
• Wrote feature articles for Atlanta Falcons This Week.
• Interacted with writers, editors, and production staff.
• Fulfilled multifaceted duties that included researching, fact-checking, proofreading and headline writing.
• Connected with 36 high school coaches and generated an extensive preview of their football teams.
NBC 10 – Philadelphia, PA January 2010 – April 2010
Intern – Assignment Desk
• Interact with anchors, writers, producers, and production staff.
• Contact fire and police departments, public affairs, and hospitals to update information on current stories.
• Sort and deliver news scripts and other data to appropriate staff.
• Utilize online news applications.
• Field phone calls from reporters, staff, and the public.
Rowan TV – Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ August 2007 – May 2011
• Performed Play-by-Play and Color broadcasting of various Rowan Sports – soccer, basketball, field hockey, and hockey.
• “All Access with the Profs” TV Show – Participate in round-table discussion of campus sports and conduct interviews with players.
• Experience operating teleprompter and various television editing and production equipment.
Rowan Radio – WGLS-FM 89.7, Glassboro, NJ August 2009 – May 2011
• Performed Play-by-Play and Color Commentary for soccer, basketball and baseball.
• Recorded voice-overs and audio files for future airing.
• Host “The Music that Matters” and “Microgroove” shows.
• Experience with engineering and all other aspects of radio production.
The Whit – Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ August 2008 – May 2011
Staff Writer - Sports
• Report on campus sports – soccer, swimming, diving, volleyball, track, lacrosse, and baseball.
• Provide opinion and editorial pieces.