Marlon Anderson O. Costa
• 33 Fountain Ave. #33A, Somerville, MA, 02145 • 857 928 0769 / 857 928 1398
• firstname.lastname@example.org • www.marloncosta.wix.com/webfolio
A highly skilled support professional with a record of increased responsibility. Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner. Customer focused with diverse industry experience in product development. Enjoys learning new programs and processes. A team player who is attentive to detail and able to work in a fast paced environment.
TJX Companies Inc, Framingham, MA ( 505-90-3653 - Kimberlee / Kimberlee_Odoardi@tjx.com)
Contractor Designer/ Childrenswear, 06/2013 – Present (Contract)
- Design concepts considering the target consumer, geographical region as well as cost
- Market research and trend analyzes;
- Develop detailed flat sketches to include in tech packs;
- Design beading, machine embroidery as well as print art work and putting it into repeat
using Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Draft design sheets to include all components needed per style by design for conceptual development;
- Attend garment fittings in accordance with manager to ensure design details are maintained and correctly executed throughout the fit process and ready to proceed into production;
- Worked with Flex PLM System uploading and updating images to Concept Closet.
Indigo Jeans, SC, Brazil (01155-48-3433-1106 - Priscila Fernandes / email@example.com)
Senior Fashion Designer, 02/2012 - 11/2012
- Product development considering the company’s DNA, the target consumer, geographical region as well as cost (Woven, Cut and sew knits for womenswear line);
- Market research - applying the latest trends to the target consumer – considering sales and store feedback received from merchants in order to fast track product for customers;
- Developed flat sketches to include in tech packs;
- Sourced fabrics and trims for sample development;
- Drafted design sheets to include all components needed per style by design for conceptual development;
- Attended garment fittings to ensure design details were maintained and correctly executed throughout the fit process and ready to proceed into production;
- Communicate on a daily basis with Manager, Director and key production team members in relation to the design and execution of the product.
- Attended trade shows and produced actionable reports;
- Produced design boards and presentations for merchandizing and marketing department meetings.
Obbia Swimwear and Fitness, MG, Brazil. (01155-37-3249-9500 Thiago Galavotti /firstname.lastname@example.org) Fashion Designer/ Textile Graphic Designer, 06/2011 – 03/2012 (Contract)
- Create, manipulate, and color all artwork needed for product design;
- Participate in research & development of seasonal trends, themes, concepts, color, fabric, and styling;
- Prioritized creative product work requests based on the seasonal calendar to meet established deadlines;
- Worked with other designers to create and implement design concepts consistent with the company’s brands strategies.
Magia do Mar Swimwear and Fitness, ES, Brazil (01155-3339-5252 Paula Deps / email@example.com ) Fashion Designer, 07/20122 - 02/2012 (Contract)
-Designed and illustrated concepts for swimwear and fitness lines of the brand considering latest trends and the target consumer.
Vitoria Fit Uniforms, Vila Velha, ES, Brazil (01155-27-3239-9668 - Bianca / firstname.lastname@example.org) Fashion Designer/ Technical Illustrator, 06/2011 – 12/2011 (Contract)
-Successfully designed functional uniforms for clients considering the company’s clients needs;
- Developed flat sketches to include in tech packs.
- Developed look books using computer aided software with flat sketches and specifications on material and construction to facilitate client`s orders.
Tenda Têxtil, Ipatinga, MG, Brazil (01155-31-3823-9815 Marilda) Fashion Designer, 07/1999 – 01/2002
- Product development considering latest trends, the target consumer as well as cost;
- Responsible for consulting and designing customized outfits for clients considering specific figures;
- Responsible for sourcing fabrics and trims;
- Responsible for researching market for new trends;
- Travel to attend Fabric and Fashion fairs to collect information on new trends and to assist buyers;
- Visual merchandising;
- Responsible for creating hand illustrations and presentation boards.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design, MA, EUA. Fashion Design Certificate (2007-2010)
Cambridge House of Adult Education, MA, EUA. Clothing Construction Techniques (2007).
Tenda Têxtil, Ipatinga, MG, Brasil. Pattern Cutting and Layout For Production Certificate (2002)
Senac, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil. Fashion Design and Illustration Certificate (2000).
Languages English / Spanish / Portuguese
Softwares M. Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) / Photoshop / Illustrator / Indesign /U4IA by Lectra /Flex PLM System