Employment December 2011 – Current Range Systems, Inc. New Hope, MN
• Document designs for existing and new products in coordination with engineering to ensure that design input requirements are identified and documented and that design output is verified and validated against customer requirements.
• Work with new product development team to design and document new product offerings through concurrent design activities.
• Ensure appropriate document control. Develop and maintain procedures.
• Consult with engineering regarding model accuracy, design and drafting standards as well as manage the implementation and utilization of the SolidWorks software system.
• Provide innovative solutions to satisfy product functionality and market requirements.
November 2007 – November 2011 Veeco Process Equipment, Inc. St. Paul, MN
• As part of the Customer Engineering Group supported customization of system orders for clients related to additional components and alterations. This work involved design activity for meeting customer driven items for MBE (molecular beam epitaxy) systems and components (typically effusion cells).
• Supported the Engineering Services group in which direction was given to reduce the ECO backlog. Contribution to this effort yielded a reduction of 40% over a 3 month period.
• Documentation Control duties performed via SAP for data entry of Part Masters and Bills of Material.
• Supported the Sales Department related to customer requests for drawings of custom or configured systems and components.
• Applications used for design activity were mainly SolidWorks 2010 with additional periodic work with AutoCAD LT.
April 2005 – November 2007 Solid Design Solutions, Inc. Mounds View, MN
• Responsible for getting the MRP system (Alliance MRP) installed and maintained
• Data entry activities related to customer material management in MRP.
• Creating procedures for job/documentation workflow
• Various design duties for clients on SolidWorks 2006.
• Activities included receiving quote requests from customers, determining a design solution and providing a quote. The position required handling multiple projects at once.
1996 – April/2005 PPT Vision, Inc. Eden Prairie, MN
• Performed product design and documentation duties in both SolidWorks 2005 and AutoCAD 2002 in support of manufacturing including: sheet metal and machined enclosures and related brackets, wire diagrams, cable drawings and PC board drawings.
• Created assembly procedures for technicians in manufacturing as well as a database for accessing the documents online at their stations.
• Designed an engineering documentation control system that was electronically based using the company MRP system (Expandable), e-mail routing and PDF files for ECO documents.
• Supported applications engineers and sales through intranet pages created to access product specification documents. Experience with Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
Education St. Paul College St. Paul, MN
References Available upon request