July 2013 - December 2013
Graphic Design/Production Artist
Contract job assisting Art Directors with design and production
of all print materials during the intense period of AEP Medicare
contracts, in order to meet all deadlines. Materials included print
ads, collateral pieces like flyers, brochures, OOH, as well as
direct mail pieces. Perform all checks and preparation of files in
order to release to vendors for publication and/or printing.
June 2001 - May 2013
Title: Studio Manager/Senior Graphic Designer
- Manage studio resources and assign workflow within
- Train and supervise up to 4 full-time studio staff and
- Allocate resources to each project; prioritize work within
• Quality Assurance:
- Supervise and approve all graphic design work and
projects prior to releasing to outside vendors/publications.
- Review and approve color proofs of projects and make any
necessary changes and/or recommendations if needed.
• Money/Time Management:
- Formulate cost estimates for client’s creative projects.
- Monitor budgets to assure projects are produced on a
timely basis and within budget.
- Confer with account personnel to discuss needs and
objectives for project costs and timelines.
- Analyze projects and assess proper budgetary
implementation via internal computerized billing software.
- Hands on production of all work done for the agency’s
clients, including but not limited to advertisements
for both national and regional publications, collateral
material, P.O.P. as well as Out-of-Home work and
- Assist in designing materials for internal purposes as well
as for client presentations.
Miami - Dade County
March 1999 - June 2000
Title: Senior Graphic Designer
• Design and prepare for printing, a variety of promotional
pieces, posters, calendars, newsletters and print
advertisements for all county departments.
• Perform light copywriting and proof reading as necessary.
The English Center – Courses in Website development
Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale: Associate of Science Degree in Advertising Design
Miami - Dade Community College: Associate of Science Degree in Fine Arts
Outstanding management of staff and resources
Expertise in a variety of computer software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Excel, Word and some Keynote knowledge on the Mac
Excellent command of English and Spanish; great communication/writing abilities
Very detail oriented, organized and efficient multi-tasker, and enjoy working with others
Basic knowledge of Fireworks, Dreamweaver CS5, CSS, HTML and Flash CS5