EPOCRATES, INC., San Mateo, CA; Medical Proofreader-Independent Contractor (2011-present)
• Responsible for proofreading pharmaceutical and healthcare information for publication on mobile devices.
• Ensure 100% accuracy adhering to Epocrates editing/proofreading specifications.
• Establish web based communication with Medical Editors, Medical Account Managers, and Operations Team.
• Adhere to strict deadlines and turnarounds for proofreading assignments.
• Ensure accuracy of complex tables, medical information, drug brands, and in-depth prescribing information.
• Utilize knowledge of medical terminology, pharmacology, and clinical trials protocols.
HALF MOON BAY REVIEW, HALF MOON BAY, CA; Advertising Assistant (2009-2010)
• Supported two full-time advertising sales representatives, assisted publisher with special projects.
• Maintained client database, created mass mailings.
• Wrote ad copy for magazine special page advertorials, took photographs.
• Sold special pages to supplement monthly sales goals; serviced accounts.
• Demonstrated exceptional customer service, support, and maintenance of customer and community relations.
MEDICAL BAZAAR, INC., Chapel Hill, NC; Medical Editor-Independent Contractor (2003-2007)
• Responsible for review and editing of dictated health information records including operative reports, progress notes, consultations, and discharge summaries generated by physicians representing a comprehensive range of medical specialties.
• Served as key member of editing team promoting communication and cooperation in geographically diverse setting (off-shore transcription).
• Coordinated a variety of tasks in a high pressure, high volume environment each requiring complete concentration to ensure success.
• Provided timely, positive turn-around, created and maintained files and ensured client satisfaction.
PEOPLE’S MEDICAL MALPRACTICE, Durham, NC; Intake Coordinator/Client Information Team (2003)
• Received incoming calls from potential clients, took basic medical histories, and assessed concerns.
• Researched and responded to questions and complaints; provided information; explained policy and procedures.
• Organized and prioritized data, created intake files, and scheduled for review and processing by legal and medical teams.
UNC ORTHOPEDICS, UNC Chapel Hill, NC, Chapel Hill, NC; Medical Transcription Specialist (1998 – 2001)
• Transcribed physician dictation and correspondence ensuring adherence to clinic policy and professional guidelines; focused on ensuring standards were met and exceeded under HIPPA, JAHCO.
• Ensured the highest standards of client/physician relationship management so that accurate information and interaction (electronic or in person) takes place without errors.
• At UNC-Chapel Hill, promoted and held responsible for leading the at home/off site transcription services.
• Major projects included assisting in coordinating the Hospital IT and other transcriptionists; added responsibility of teaching hospital templates and specific training on medical transcription software. Helped streamline office operations, including supervision of incoming calls and client questions.
• Responsible for management of transcription workloads, deadlines for turnaround and specific correspondence requests.
• Analyzed, summarized and/or reviewed data: reports findings and interpreted results and/or made recommendations.