Protective Life Corporation
ART DIRECTOR. Responsible for the design creation and management of print projects within the various business units and subsidiaries of Protective Life Corporation. Experienced with the initial client consultation and development of the creative brief. Skilled in concept design and development, as well as project management through all phases of the production process.
Key duties includes;
• Brochure design • Digital design
• Direct mail design • Lite corporate photography and illustration
• Marketing-based design • Lite video production;
• Corporate Identity design • Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro
Creative Services Division, 1995-1999
CREATIVE DIRECTOR. Managed the creative production of all promotional print materials and
publications for Vulcan Publications. Responsible for hiring and training of employees within the CreativeServices Division. Key responsibilities included; improve design quality and meet and manage the newsstand “pull date.”
• Redesigned visual signature (look) of magazines.
• Coordinated and supervised the development, scheduling and production of all publications.
• Web Site design
• Co-directed the efforts in the purchase of computer network, film output and proofing equipment.
• 1997 Manager of the Year Award
• 1996 Employee of the Year Award (Creative Services)
Dwayne Coleman Design & Illustration (DCDI)
PROPRIETOR / DIRECTOR. Planned, organized, directed and controlled the activities of my
graphic design and illustration business. Key responsibilities included; project conception, development, and management. Skilled in the art of client relations. Print projects included; brochure design, poster design, magazine and book design, music industry design as well as corporate identity packages. General activities included; sales, estimating, negotiating, project management, billing, ordering and equipment and inventory
purchasing and maintenance.
Cleveland Institute of Art
BFA Advertising Design and Illustration