Nicole M. Darnell
193 Church Ave, Northbridge, MA 01534 • Phone (757)338-5521 or (508)266-0976 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: To obtain the position as a Freelance Designer.
Experience: Majestic Honda Lincoln, RI 2011
• Registering vehicles at RMV for registration and plates
• Filing deals
• Bank runs for deposits and checks
• Obtaining Insurance stamps for RMV-1’s
Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding Newport News, VA 2005-2011
• Assisted electrical engineers with designing video security (Video over IP) and training and entertainment systems onboard aircraft carriers specifically for CVN 78, USS Gerald Ford.
• Proficient with AutoCad and CATIA to produce electrical drawings for video security (Video over IP) and training and entertainment systems
• Responsible for developing system requirements documents for interior communication systems
• Responsible for configuration management of system requirements documents for interior communication systems using Cradle
• Responsible for providing status updates for late and due reports for interior communication systems to management weekly
Verizon Hampton, VA 2004-2005
Toll Billing Associate
• Responsible for receiving and assisting customers will bill related questions and concerns.
• Correcting their bills for customers for charges that they were not responsible for.
• Call new or returning customers and assist them in returning their service to Verizon.
United States Navy Bremerton, WA/ Norfolk, VA 2000-2004
• Operated a variety of computer-interfaced detection, tracking and height-finding radars
• Maintained a tactical picture of the surrounding seas by plotting and maintaining a visual representation of ships, submarines and aircraft in the area, including friendly, neutral, hostile and civilian contacts.
• Used secure and non-secure radio in communicating, in plain voice or coded signals, with other air, sea or land units to coordinate tactical and combat evolutions.
• Operated common marine electronic navigation instruments including radar and navigation satellites.
Repair Parts Coordinator
• Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies and repair parts for an entire Operations Department onboard an aircraft carrier.
• Foreman of the unlicensed deck crew onboard aircraft carrier
• Skilled in all matters of seamanship required for working on deck of a seagoing vessel.
• Inspects the vessel and performs a variety of routine, skilled, and semi-skilled duties to maintain all areas of the ship
• Cleaned, painted, and maintained the vessel's hull, superstructure and deck equipment as well as executing a formal preventive maintenance program.
• Skilled in cargo rigging, winch operations, deck maintenance, working aloft, and other duties required during deck operations.
• Well versed in the care and handling of lines to perform tasks such as mooring a vessel.
• Supported firefighting efforts or other emergency procedures encountered in the inherently dangerous environment of a ship.
Education, Certifications, and Skills
Quinsigamond Community College — Worcester, MA (Presently attending)
Electronics Technology Certificate – Graduate Certificate 6/13
Associate in Electronics Technology — Degree Expected: 05/14
Uxbridge High School —Uxbridge, MA
High School Diploma, 06/2000
Old Dominion University – Norfolk, VA
Systems Engineering Certificate- Graduate Certificate
Department of Defense Clearance- Valid
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
• Proficient in Windows 7 Applications
• Proficient in AutoCad/AutoDesk 2010 software
• Proficient in Catia (three dimensional) software
• Proficient and knowledgeable with configuration management databases such as Cradle
• Professional and responsible in maintaining time schedules and deadlines
• Accustomed to working in a military environment or Department of Defense contractor environment
• Good communication skills
• Teambuilding skills and leadership
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Ability to multi-task
• Good organizational skills