Saint Michael’s College U.M.S.A.
Colchester, VT La Paz, Bolivia
B.A. Certification (Expected Graduation: 2015) B.A. Fine Arts & Graphic Design (December 2001)
Native Spanish speaker from La Paz, Bolivia. In conversation, can communicate effectively in both languages during fast-paced and high-stress situations; Able to translate from Spanish to English and from English to Spanish both written and spoken.
Selected Work Experience:
Freelanced jobs: Design dvd, cd covers, posters
Strength of the Storm - Documentary
Bolivian musicians - Entre dos Aguas - Folk
Dec 2013 - Present: Helen Day Art Center; Stowe VT
Aug. 2013 – Present: Quest Program for Homeschoolers; Williston, VT
• Teaching Spanish 101 to homeschoolers ages between 12 and 15.
Dec. 2012 – Present: VWC; Burlington, VT
• Volunteer canvassing for “Health Care is a Human Right” campaign.
• Member of the Media Committee.
• Designed informational flyers.
Feb. 2013 – Present: Migrant Justice; Burlington, VT
• Volunteer for Tele Ayuda.
• Produced video for Danilo’s Campaign.
• Interpreted for farmworker.
• Driver for some events.
Aug. 2011 – June 2013: Spanish Tutor; Essex and Burlington, VT
• Taught Spanish to 15-year-old homeschooler.
• Tutor Spanish to 9-year-old child.
Feb. 2004 – Sep. 2005: Graphic Designer; La Paz, Bolivia
Freelance Graphic Designer
• Designed poster for campaign against Women Violence.
• Illustrated educational book for community organizing.
• Designed educational booklet for women’s health.
Feb. 1999 – Aug. 2005: Art & Crafts for Kids Studio; La Paz, Bolivia
• Taught art and crafts to toddlers and preschoolers out of recycling materials.
Feb. 2002 – Nov. 2003: Taipinkiri Art Gallery; La Paz, Bolivia
Manager of the Gallery
• In charge of exhibitions.
• Contacted clients and artists.
• Created art events.
Jan. 2001 – Feb. 2002: Gamma Productions; La Paz, Bolivia
• Designed all kinds of publicity material.
• Designed cd covers.
• Designed board games.
Aug. 1999 – Jan. 2000: Telepro Productions; La Paz, Bolivia
Assistant of animation
• Creator of characters for educational animated video about racism awareness.
• Assistant of animation
Feb. 1997 – Dec. 1998: UNITEL; Santa Cruz, Bolivia
• Taught art and crafts to kids out of recycling materials for a segment on television.
• Multi-Media Artist.
• Volunteer with kids living on the streets
• Active pacifist within in conflict