• Demonstrates a creative flair for crafting uniquely engaging and informative articles and web content on a wide range of topics including social life, health, culture and philosophy.
• An ability to identify a target audience in order to write effective and imaginative scripts for interactive multimedia, PSAs, non-broadcast videos and web content.
• Displays an excellent aptitude for creating an original format of content and a well-structured categorization of topics and information on a personal website in order to attract readers to the site's articles and blog posts.
•Skilled at creating appealing and catchy titles, subtitles and keywords for effective Search Engine Optimization
• Experienced in using several forms of social media including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn as an important tool in the promotion of web content.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Final Draft.
Personal and Organizational Skills
• Highly organized and able to multi-task in order to adhere to tight deadlines.
• Reliable and professional in working both individually and as part of a team.
• An ability to learn new software and tasks quickly and proficiently.
Graduate Certificate- Scriptwriting- Algonquin College- Ottawa, Ontario- June 2011
Bachelor of Arts- English Literature- Carleton University- Ottawa, Ontario- June 2010
Related Work Experience
Contributing Writer- Suite 101.com- June 2011- September 2011.
• Writing articles and reviews on the topics of natural medicine, psychology, foreign film and Primetime television.
Field Placement student- InMotion DVS Inc. - Ottawa, Ontario- February 2011-March 2011
•Proofread for accuracy and consistency in the visual and technical elements in RFPs and video scripts for the company’s projects with government clients.
• Conducted research on the production and business practices of various European ******* film industries for a web series in development.
Intern- Mountain Lake PBS- Ottawa, Ontario-August 2005-December 2005
• Assisted the director of Programming in the selection of the channel’s new content in order to gain knowledge of programming in the public broadcasting industry.
• Performed clerical duties for the Accounting, Promotion and Production departments including filing, typing documents, opening mail and answering the telephone.
• Managed and organized the studio’s video and DVD inventory.
Related School Assignments and Independent Projects
© Writer and Web Administrator- “Observing Life’s Characters’’- A blog and personal website which publishes humorous and entertaining “How to” advice columns, articles on society and culture, and dramatic character sketches on a weekly basis.
©PSA scripts-“Drifting Away” and “Where Do you go?”- Aimed to persuade and inspire individuals suffering from substance abuse problems and mental health issues to take advantage of the valuable support and services that this non-profit organization provides.
© Interactive Multimedia script- “A Home on the road”- Interactive content for a website promoting Crooked, an original One Hour Drama series.
•Dean’s Honours List- Fall 2010 and Winter 2011 terms-Algonquin College
• Publication- A poem entitled “Black is back”- Teen Ink magazine- January 2005
References and Portfolio
References are available upon request.