An experienced graphic/information designer with a broad skillset that includes design for print and web, illustration, copywriting, and social media management. Able to work independently with sole responsibility for projects, or as part of a team. Excellent understanding of marketing concepts, and ability to create business communications that are targeted to the customer.
• Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash
• HTML and CSS. MS Word and Excel, Google Docs, Evernote
• Good knowledge of Facebook ad campaign management: effective targeting, running multiple-ad campaigns while making adjustments to maintain good CTR for the duration of the campaign
• Copywriting for humans and for robots (SEO copywriting)
• Good knowledge of SEO principles, appropriate and effective use of keywords
• Storyboard illustration
• Designed and implemented several Facebook advertising campaigns integrated with Facebook contests using the Woobox app platform. Most successful single campaign achieved a 1,800% increase in Likes with a US $500 ad budget, resulting in a .55¢ cost per Like.
• Managing a Facebook community of 16,000 for a UK-based pet food brand: moderating comments, responding to questions, forwarding enquiries to the company marketing director as/when appropriate
• Creation and management of several social media accounts for business, including three national brands based in the UK. These were Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
• Searched for, identified, and recruited “vlogging” talent on YouTube to produce video content for client
• Launched and maintained three company blogs, writing articles, creating visual content
• Successfully re-branded many small local businesses, creating new logos and websites, including Kid Kare Childcare Resources, A Proper Smoke Fine Cigars, and Ken Krayeske Law Offices.
• Designed and launched range of greetings cards into the largest and most competitive market in the world (UK). Several of
my designs were licensed by NobleWorks (USA), Cath Tate Cards (UK), and Pigment Productions (UK).
1999 - present Freelance Graphic/Web Designer/Social Media Manager & Advertiser
Clients include: IWP Communications, Cashman+Katz Integrated Communications Hochman Consultants, many local small businesses in Connecticut and New York
2007 - 2008 Website Administrator for e-commerce site
Small Acorns, Wellington, New Zealand
2004 - 2008 Art Director/Company Director
Stripey Jumper (Greeting Cards), Wellington, New Zealand
1998 - 1999 Graphic Designer
Cashman+Katz Integrated Communications, Glastonbury, CT