G R A H A M S H E L B Y
Louisville, KY (502) 889-7937 firstname.lastname@example.org
Radio Reporter, WFPL 2004-2005, 2010 – present
• Report and produce news stories and features for NPR member station WFPL in Louisville. Have developed sources and contacts in the arts, business, education, and legal communities.
• Write and produce stories for use in NPR national newscasts.
• Written stories, essays and commentaries that have appeared on national programs A Prairie Home Companion, Marketplace and Weekend America.
• Serve as substitute host for local broadcast of Morning Edition, Weekend Edition and All Things Considered. Responsible for news, weather and traffic updates as well as underwriting and promotional announcements aired during drive-time programs.
Technical Writer and Consultant, Humana, Inc. 2006 – 2010
• Wrote documentation for hundreds of policies and procedures for Humana’s Medicare Enrollment area during the company’s expansion into the Medicare business.
• Collaborated with trainers and instructional designers to produce new-hire and cross-training documentation.
• Wrote, directed or collaborated on more than a dozen internal marketing campaigns seen by over ten thousand Humana Associates as part of training and development initiatives.
• Won numerous departmental and company-wide awards for internal client service and excellence in writing and presentations.
Freelance Writer and Writing Consultant 1999 – 2006
• Print: Wrote articles published in the Courier-Journal, the Associated Press, The Louisville Review, Lexington Herald-Leader, Kentucky Monthly, Velocity, Voyageur, and Odyssey magazines. Also published essays in the books A Kentucky Christmas, New Growth, and Motif: Writing by Ear.
• Business: Wrote company reports, histories, instructional manuals and other documents for audiences in a variety of industries, including education, natural gas and digital signage.
E D U C A T I O N
• M.F.A., Creative Nonfiction Writing, Spalding University, 2010.
• B.A., Journalism, University of Kentucky, 1993. Graduated with distinction.