In brief, I took advanced writing and AP English in high school. I went to the University of Washington and worked for their newspaper. I worked as a Marketing Manager at Starbucks for 6 years but it turns out they all told me I could write.My grandmother wrote a book and she showed me how to research and I followed in her foot steps. My passion is writing and I am a great researcher. I have a strong history of writing and researching and that was one of my strengths from my former job.I write with passion and common sense. Honestly monetary value isn't my goal I just want to do what I love.
University of Washington Seattle, WA Graduated 2005
Proficient in Mac and PC; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OBIEE, BRIO, Oracle OM, Oracle CRM Salesforce.
Starbucks Coffee Company Seattle, WA January 15 09/12
Inside Accounts/ Marketing
• Manage all marketing approvals for custom marketing and provide approval codes.
• Work with Foodservice operators, field partners, and national account representatives to provide marketing and marketing solutions.
• Help to manage social media
• Work with regional sales teams to maximize business by staying aligned with achieving regional revenue, profitability, and account retention goals.
• Promote and sell a product portfolio through direct customer contacts and develop opportunities.
• Maintain customer files, contact information and call history into appropriate sales reporting tool.
• Develop, present and negotiate recommended product, equipment and merchandising solutions with accounts ensuring standards of brand, profitability, and account guardrails are achieved.
• Call on national accounts to ensure they are implementing mandated programs.
• Served on a TLA as a Communications Specialist to help implement new CRM program
• Serve as a reporting specialist on current team to help provide correct Data.
• Facilitated trainings and provided support to new users for CRM System
Starbucks Coffee Company Seattle, WA Jan.15 – June 23
Customer Service Representative (hired on as a partner)
Xversity Seattle, WA Nov. 08 – May 09
Contract Worker (Project: Starbucks Coffee Company, Customer Service Representative)
• Checked daily reports.
• Processed phone, voicemail, and fax orders.
• Managed orders through Birchstreet.
• Issued credit to customers that were short shipped or miss picked.
• Emailed freight companies about lost orders.
• Answered a wide variety of questions about products and company policies.
• Communicated with the team about problems, changes, and new policies for handling situations.
Acetta Seattle, WA Sept 06-Aug. 07
• Processed and assembled Income Tax Returns and Financial Statements.
• Worked in Accounts Receivable, to include production input inquiries.
• Cash receipts, to include managing incoming payments and preparing bank deposits.
• Reception duties, to include phones, greeting clients and setting appointments.
• Secretarial duties, to include word processing, excel, filing, dictation, mail distribution, office supply ordering and machine upkeep
Daily News paper
University of Washington Newspaper Seattle, WA Sept 05-Aug. 06 WA
*References available upon request