CATHY T. MORNEAULT
6 Center Drive - Ledyard, CT 06339
(860) 460-3575 - email@example.com
Online Resume and Portfolio: www.CathyMorneault.com
I am a creative marketing graphic and web designer with over 12 years of experience. I have owned and operated my own design business, Fluffy Dog Designs, since 2005. I am a strong team leader, teacher and reliable manager with excellent communication skills. Multi-tasking and meeting strict deadlines are daily occurrences. I have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and I welcome new challenges as well as learning the latest technologies in the creative world. I am always an enthusiastic team player and a fast learner. I would welcome the opportunity to be a member of a creative team.
SKILLS AND SOFTWARE (MAC & PC)
(Intermediate to Advanced Skill Levels)
• Graphic Design: Adobe CS5 Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, AfterEffects, Quark Express, Adobe LiveCycle, CorelDraw, CorelPainter
• Web Design and Development: DreamWeaver, Wordpress, CSS, HTML, HTML5, E-Commerce, Web Advertising and Adwords, Email Newsletters
• Multimedia Video Production: After Effects, Premier Pro, Flash, Nero Video Production
• Social Media: Facebook and Twitter graphic page design, content writing/editing, customer maintenance
• Other Software: MS Office Suite 2010 - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook
• Computer technical support and training
Fluffy Dog Enterprises, LLC, Ledyard, CT (January 2005 – Present)
Owner and Graphic-Web Designer
I am responsible for all aspects of the design business including graphic and web design, sales, client meetings, estimates and contracts. My responsibilities include:
• Graphic design of marketing materials: logos, brochures, posters, postcards, billboards, newsletters, business cards, banners and advanced PowerPoint presentations.
• Website marketing design, static, animated or video banners, email newsletters and email campaigns.
• Ecommerce specialist – setup and management of shopping cart websites.
• Oversee and design websites from concept to completion that include wireframe storyboard mock-ups, development of approved site in Dreamweaver (HTML) and Wordpress, web application and customization, content writing, problem solving and site testing.
• Setup and administer social media pages in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn including designing a cover picture, buttons, logo, and writing content.
• Desktop Publishing form design using Adobe LiveCycle Designer.
• Advanced search engine optimization and marketing.
• Work closely with printer: Copies Plus…more located in Colchester, CT as lead print designer.
• Digital video production and animation.
• I supervise and mentor one freelance graphic/web designer as well as one intern each year.
Please view my online portfolio at: www.CathyMorneault.com
Petermann Advertising, Ft. Walton Beach, FL (2001 – Present)
Freelance Webmaster (Contractor – working from home in Connecticut)
I have been the sole web designer for this Florida design firm for the last 13 years. I am responsible for creating new websites, redesigning websites, web maintenance, domain registration and hosting setup, email setup, and customer service.
Paulson Training Programs, Inc., Chester, CT (July 2001 – December 2004)
• Constructed various multimedia 3-D graphics for plastic injection molding interactive training courses.
• Designed all advertising materials for publishing in various plastic’s industry magazines.
• Created company correspondence used for marketing and promotions (i.e., brochures, posters, course sell sheets, bulk mailings, postcards, banner, business cards).
• Photographed and created tradeshow booth images.
• Designed packaging artwork for courseware that included the jewel case cover and CD.
Florida’s Gulfarium Marine Park, Ft. Walton Beach, FL (December 1999 - May 2001)
Graphic Designer/Advertising Coordinator
• Designed and created www.gulfarium.com website and executed all aspects of the launch.
• Designed all marketing materials for promoting new park programs.
• Recreated park map, general park information brochures, and existing program and marketing materials.
• In-house photographer for: signage, marketing materials, billboards, postcards, t-shirts, and gift shop items.
• Create advertisements for inclusion in local: newspapers, magazines, school newsletters, billboards, and national magazines.
• Coordinated functions for remote broadcasts by several local radio stations.
• Spokesperson for: local news interviews, community functions, and educational outreach programs.
• Co-produced and directed 30 minute TV infomercial, 30 second TV commercial, and 8 minute video for industry conferences.
MindQ Publishing, Inc., Reston, Virginia (July 1998 - September 1999)
Designed and developed multimedia courseware for Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft NT Networking Essentials, Network Administration, and Java on a GUI based network.
U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC (September 1996 – July 1998)
Computer Technical Support and Training Specialist (Contract Employee)
Instructed over 800 Department of Justice (DOJ) employees in Windows and various other software applications. Developed training manuals and materials.
Novell Inc., Herndon, VA and Orem, UT (January 1992 – September 1996)
Administrative and Project Manager
• Assisted the Novell Education Director by coordinating classes for Certified Novell Instructor (CNI), Certified Novell Administrator (CAN) and Certified Novell Engineer (CNE).
• Taught classes in CorelDraw and CorelPaint as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Participated on a team to review all educational content.
• Coordinated functions and meetings.
MEMBERSHIPS, AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Membership: Business Networking International (BNI)
Member since 2007. Currently holding position as Public Relations Member. Held position on membership committee as part of the Leadership Team. Developed Rose City BNI website (www.RoseCityBNIct.com).
Award: Governor of Connecticut Pandemic Flu Campaign- 2008
Received award for brochure graphic design and flash website design for State of Connecticut.
Accomplishment: Extreme Makeover Home Edition - 2008
Lead Graphic and Web Designer, Public Relations Team Member
Voluntown, CT episode filmed in December 2008 and shown on ABC TV in February 2009. Created website for build that included hourly updates, press releases, photo's, logos of all businesses involved, a blog, and other information. Created all lanyard badges, signs and banners. Communicated with local news stations and newspapers.
Major: Psychology, 1985-1989