• MFA, Graphic Design, New Jersey City University, Jersey City, NJ, 2011, 3.8 GPA
• BS, Graphic Design/ New Media Design, Roberts Wesleyan College, Rochester, NY, 2002, 3.5 GPA
• Continuing education classes, courses and seminars in business, sales and marketing and software training
• Leadership Certification, Ocean County College, Toms River, NJ, 2005
• Web design classes, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY, 2002
KFR Communications, LLC (8/05 – present)
Owner of a full service advertising agency producing all modes of graphic design from concept conceptualization to implementation. These include logos, brochures, stationery, advertising, signage such as billboards and vehicle wraps, electronic and print newsletters and other printed promotional material. The process also entails diverse products such as apparel branding, packaging design, annual reports, and vacation guides for the commercial, non-profit, and government sectors. Additionally, the firm handles all aspects of website design from domain name registry and hosting up to full design of the sites – both informational and eCommerce – on content management based platforms. The agency also incorporates other diverse avenues such as photography, illustration and copywriting in the core business as well as in its book publishing division, which has produced over 100 titles to date.
Ocean County College (9/03 – 7/05)
Responsibilities as part of the graphic design team included concept creation, layout and design, promotional items, brochures, fliers, annual reports, special events advertisements, posters and course catalogs for entire college community. Interfaced with each department as separate clients as their needs and budgets varied.
Worked with various non-profits including Christian Surfers (nationwide organization as well as local NJ chapter), St. Paul’s Youth Group, Relevant Church and Student Activists for Africa by volunteering my time as a Sunday School teacher / Youth Leader as well as my graphic and website design skills in creating logos, t-shirt setups, business cards, posters, a video documentary, and websites for public interaction and to build awareness of their respective causes.
• Also served as a judge for International Academy of Visual Arts in 2006 and 2012.
• Assisted on several mission trips to help build a church, community center and residence for visiting missionaries and teachers. These included trips to Panama in 2005, 2007 and 2010.
• Worked at The Shore Institute of the Contemporary Arts (SICA) updating the website, writing press releases, photographing and editing gallery events and video documentation.
• Currently serve as the board director of Healing in the Hurting Places, a ministry for the prevention, healing and education of childhood ****** abuse.
• Graphic designer for JSAW, a non-profit that funds the folloing action sports ministries: Christian Surfers, Snowboarders for Christ and Chistian Skaters.
Adjunct Professor – St. John’s University, Queens, NY (9/12 – 12/12)
Fundamentals of Media Graphics – taught two classes the basics of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign as well as graphic principals. These classes were taught to senior level communications majors. In addition to instructing them on the application of the various programs tools, the students designed their own logos, business cards, stationery, posters and newsletters using the skills they learned while developing an appreciation for what the graphic design field entails.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / EXPERTISE
• Conceptualization, layout, implementation
• Print preparation – one to four color process, spot varnish, die cuts, color separation, large format printing
• Vinyl application
• Content management systems
Drawing and painting
• Pen and ink, gesture, figure drawing, portraiture, technical illustrations
• Oil and acrylic painting
• Shooting and editing for various projects
• Stock Internet collection contributor
• Bronze level
• Exclusive status
• Contributor to the Designer Showcase
• Mac / PC
• Large format printing
• Mutoh 1604 ValuJet large format printer
• Royal Sovereign RSC1650 laminator
• Graphtek 7000-160 plotter
• Adobe CS6 Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash
• Wordpress, CSS, HTML
• Adobe Premiere, Sound Booth, After Effects
• Quark Express 5
• Corel Draw 11
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Wasatch ripping software
• Kappa Pi Honorary Art Fraternity, Eta Rho chapter
• College Art Association
• International Academy of Visual Arts
• Art Educators of New Jersey
• Bridge Business Networking Group
• Christian Surfers United States