Keith Andrew Williams
12 years experience in EXPEDITING, PURCHASING & LOGISTICS creating value and
providing employers with a positive return on investment pursuing best practice
activities and using benchmarking processes within the logistics, expediting and
Pilot Freight Services - Houston, TX - 2011 to Present
• Closed prospective shippers in a new territory with zero previous business and built a repeat active shipper base of at least (16) shippers each month within first (13) months while also accumulating into my book of business an average of (4) new shippers per month in subsequent months while working in the ethos of a depressed freight marketplace activity where it is difficult for most companies to locate and close new expedited heavyweight shipper business on a consistent monthly basis.
• Developed qualified prospect list of well over (347) prospects by cold calling, tele-prospecting, parsing & gleaning through industry publication, OTC Conference handbook, Oil & Gas affinity group publications & postings plus many more data mining activities.
• Captured more than (7) project logistics business opportunities from EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction), IOC (International Oil Companies), EPCM (Engineering Procurement Construction Management) and EPCI (Engineering Procurement Construction Installation) firms within a (6) month period for Houston station with zero out of gauge business or project cargo prospects prior.
• Secured, managed and coordinated (2) batches of shrouds for EPCI client with Door to Door shipment of(59) pieces weighing (28,246) kgs moving under Ex Works INCOTERMS from Milan, Italy to Port Fourchon, LA generating my company revenue of more than $69k for each batch.
• Awarded bid for the Door to Door carriage of large (148) piece tarpon side bending stiffener shipment weighing over (13,050) kgs moving DAP from Leicestershire in the United Kingdom to customer in Houston which generated over $9,850 in gross profit for the station.
• Closed big account with large shipments of specialized pipe loaded on (2) very large reels from Wisconsin to Houston to Brazil for well known flexible pipe manufacturer in subsea oil and gas industry. Coordinated scope of work with client, operations and consignee to ensure seamless flow of information, drawings and package specifications.
Lynden Air Freight - Lawrenceville, NY - 2009 to 2011
• Reviewed progress with ongoing shipments and conveyed customer needs for quotes and booking of routine and urgent transportation services needed for blanket orders and critical materials resulting in gross revenue profit margin of at least $67k per month for (9) consecutive months.
• Solicited, closed and assisted customers with the development of solutions for the movement, storage,retrieval, control and protection of materials and products throughout their manufacturing process and distribution activities including consumption and disposal by using continuous needs analysis and consultative selling best practices.
• Planned and conducted introductory meetings involving discussions on needs analysis, scope of work expectations, critical path activity progress, project delivery milestones and more than (5) out of gauge, special project and project cargo customers.
• Coordinated actions with customer, consignee and point person for a custom steel fabricator in Ingersoll,Canada to move multiple shipments of ignitions systems, offshore flares and other combustion equipment from cradle to grave to locations in Brazil, Chile and Bolivia. Also, coordinated multiple split Air Shipments for same company to and from their sister companies in Taiwan and Singapore. Brokerage Agent-Air BreakBulk
Expeditors International of Washington Inc - Inwood, NY - 2007 to 2009
• Issued arrival notices and tracked inbound shipments of over (40) break-bulk shipments per day shortening the notification cycle time for assigned account base of (13) manufacturers, refurbishers and redistributors of medical machines.
• Filed preliminary damage claims and entered initial notes on all damaged goods over a certain value allowing customer to be made aware of issues and claims department to begin investigation into what happened.
• Organized, monitored and performed value adding follow up action on well over (315) Air Break-bulk shipper files while performing value adding activities like auditing the accuracy of freight charges, billing for customs brokerage service, revising discrepancies made on prepaid & collect charges and other many other important duties.
Cisco-Eagle Material Handling - Dallas, TX - 2006 to 2007
• Helped the in-house procurement team of our largest customer (FedEx Kinkos) roll out a list of over (400) different materials and kitted parts packages to (232) store locations all over the US and P.R.
• Served as the company logistics subject matter expert on large Steel King project involving the coordination of (23) flat bed shipments and ensuring that the project stayed on time and on budget while also helping client accomplish their organizational goals by using a consultative sales process.
Business Development Manager/Management Trainee
Con-Way Southern Express - Dallas, TX - 2005 to 2006
Apprentice/Project Management Trainee
Allison-Smith Company LLC - Atlanta, GA - 2003 to 2004
Bachelor of Business Administration; B.B.A in Logistics and Intermodal Transportation
with emphasis in Purchasing
Georgia Southern University in Statesboro - Statesboro, GA
Proficient in MS Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint); PeopleSoft 8.0; MRP; DRP; ERP systems Sharepoint, Epicor, Navision, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Primavera P6 and Smart Plant; CRM SugarCRM, ACT