• Experienced and effective writer and editor with a track record of published work, technical manual development, and informative content development.
• Effective communicator with good teambuilding and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to establish and maintain collaborative environments and relationships with staff members, clients/customers, and trainees/students.
• Proven public speaker, instructor, and teacher, with a passion for providing an enjoyable and informative environment conducive to effective learning and retention.
State of California Controller’s Office 21st Century Project Sacramento, CA
Lead Technical Editor – Training Team for Phase 3 Rollout
• Conducted editorial review on all final stage training materials for a variety of media, including instructor-led training, eLearning, and uPerform’s online performance support created for end users in the newly implemented SAP solution.
• Conducted final quality check on all printed materials delivered or posted by the training developers.
• Provided guidance on potential learning gaps that were not covered in training materials.
• Developed and edited concept slides, work instructions, and assessments using Office 2010 Powerpoint, Word, and uPerform author and administrator tool.
• Trained SAP lead developers to use the uPerform authoring tool to create work instructions.
• Designed and developed project management training aids in Excel and Access in order to track progress and completion
Freelance Writer Wichita, KS
Content Developer, Editor, Copy Writer
• Composes in-depth informative articles targeted to the general public in order to generate awareness and action for current issues and topics.
• Provides consultation and editing services for clients on a case by case basis.
• Develops and edits content for proposals, corporate profiles, websites, and marketing materials.
• Develops User’s Guides for electronic products and computer accessories.
Ongoing contract to develop User’s Guides for electronic products and computer accessories.
Subcontracted to long-term client to develop proposals, financial reports, and corporate summaries. Additional jobs include creating subtitles and editingscripts for two upcoming television series’.
Additional ongoing projects include ghostwriting contracts to compose and edit two books.