SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Managing Editor for prominent monthly governance magazine.
• Managing Editor for weekly online edition of governance magazine.
• Copyedited for an award-winning financial communications provider.
• Copyedited more than 20 client newsletters from first draft to printed copy.
• Edited all S&P-branded electronic offerings.
• Proofread and fact-checked for a highly acclaimed financial trade magazine.
• Copyedited for CFO.com, the magazine’s Website.
• Copyedited non-fiction book and other freelance work.
• Strong familiarity with The Chicago Manual, New York Times, and AP styles.
• Strong familiarity with InCopy; Word; Excel; Photoshop; Acrobat.
• Strong familiarity with html.
• 25+ years experience working in high-pressure business offices.
4/09 to Present Wilmington Group plc
Managing Editor for Compliance Week magazine, a weekly and monthly publication from Wilmington Group plc. Responsible for reading, overseeing, and coordinating online and print editorial for Compliance Week; writing and creating Compliance Weekend; managing freelance staff. Research editor for online articles, in charge of compiling related resources, sidebars, pull quotes, excerpts, and related coverage.
4/07 to 4/09 Copy Editor
Copy Editor for Compliance Week magazine. Responsible for assisting the Managing Editor with online and print editions; copyediting ten to fifteen articles—including online blogs—relating to governance on a weekly basis and posting the articles online via html. Also responsible for the monthly magazine, a roundup of the weekly editions, and all special issues and supplements.
2/02 to 3/07 Standard & Poor’s Financial Communications
Copy Editor for Standard & Poor’s Financial Communications, a division of the McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. Copyedited all client-supplied and customized content, such as newsletters and magazines, financial calculators, and tutorials, encompassing a range of financial-related topics. Clients included Bank of America, New York Life, and Wells Fargo, among others.
6/99 to 1/02 CFO Publishing Corporation
Assistant Editor/Web Copy Editor
Fact checked and proofread Newswatch, Techwatch, Your Move, New Deals, and various features in CFO magazine, a publication of The Economist Group. Authored the magazine’s Grapevine section. Assisted Managing Editor in production duties, including copyediting, and article collation and distribution. Second-pass read for copyediting changes on features and columns. Final read on all film. Copyedited daily content featured on CFO Publishing’s Website, CFO.com.
10/95 to 6/99 Editorial Assistant
Fact checker and proofreader for news sections. Developed and maintained a database of female CFOs in the Fortune 1,000.
Boston University, Boston, MA
BA – Journalism, 1995
Book Copy Editor:
“Secret and Dangerous: Night of the Son Tay POW Raid,” written by William A. Guenon, Jr. and published by Visionary Studios.
Marketing materials and brochures
Visionary Studios’ clients