Internationally recognized Social Entrepreneur and Innovator employs critical thinking in strategic, operational planning and change management. Derives genuine pleasure from transforming ideas into reality through leading colleagues to their own leadership and collaborative potential--to create sustainable and meaningful change.
County of Ocean | New Jersey, USA | June 2013 to October 2013
Consultant to Freeholder Joseph H. Vicari in Public Affairs and Tourism
• Designed, developed, and updated the strategic planning inclusive of above and below the line marketing suite, IT and operational strategies to enable a positive upturn in tourist numbers for the 2014 season.
SpeechBud Ltd | New Jersey, USA | January 2010 to October 2013
Founding CEO / Chairman
SpeechBud took the award winning practices of Release Speech Therapy (see below), to an innovative, and efficient speech-language pathologist (SLP) training program creating maximum impact for minimal cost and effort. Board agreed to focus on the health insurance industry and the Affordable Care Act.
• Innovated the program to deliver maximum operational efficiency for speech and language therapy delivery. Only 30 SpeechBud SLPs increases service delivery to over 1500 clients, delivers over 45,000 extra hours and saves a verified estimate of $6.1 million--with better outcomes than traditional 1:1 (ASHA 2010).
• Represented SpeechBud to external and internal audiences including Innovation Teams at large NJ health insurance companies, US Congressmen, US Presidential Advisors, An Taoisigh (Irish Prime Ministers), Tánaiste (VPM), Minister for Health, Ministers of State, General Secretaries, other senior ranking Civil Servants and Government Advisers, Global Leaders and their Foundations and parents of children with disabilities.
• Formulated strategic, marketing, operational and communications management plans, defined key goals, determined detailed information requirements of all stakeholders, developed feedback routines to ensure two-way communication. Determined requirements for project time reporting, and established project status reporting processes and cycles.
European Commission | Dublin, Ireland and Brussels, Belgium | September 2012 to November 2012
Expert Evaluator and Rapporteur at the FP7-Healthcare Innovation Program
• Only non-PhD chosen as a European Expert in Healthcare Innovation to read, evaluate and assess the merit of healthcare innovation proposals from across the European Union.
• Facilitated the consensus discussion, wrote, submitted and approved assessment reports.
2into3 | Dublin, Ireland | October 2011 to October 2012
Social Entrepreneur in Residence – Management Consultant
• Provided technical, project management, business process redesign, analytical support, and strategic advisory services in a consulting environment to two large Irish NGOs, The Dublin Simon Community and Headway Ireland. Resulted in cross-departmental innovation and operational efficiencies delivering better outcomes, lower service delivery costs, and larger Foundation and Angel Investor engagement.
• Delivered management consulting advisory services to Board, executives, staff practitioners and service users across business functions such as psychology, rehabilitation, fundraising, HR, IT, finance and governance.
• Support clients' most strategic business transformation projects including: issue analysis and business case development, process redesign, technical and functional requirements design assistance, and operational improvement.
Release Speech Therapy Ltd | Dublin, Ireland | July 2003 to April 2012 (evolved to SpeechBud)
Founding CEO / Chairman
Founder of Release Speech Therapy, Ireland’s first internationally recognized emerging best practice in early intervention speech and language therapy-the first parent inclusive group program of its kind globally.
• Raised $1.5 million to develop the program and led an international research team in conjunction with The George Washington University to gain acceptance at The American Speech Language Hearing Association’s 2009 Convention to present our findings.
• Through my work I became a prominent international speaker and advocate for social innovation and people with disabilities. I became Ireland’s 2nd Ashoka Fellow and the Prime Minister appointed me to the National Disability Authority to aid the government to achieve a more efficient and effective delivery model.
Down Syndrome Ireland | Dublin, Ireland | January – June 2003
Fundraiser Down Syndrome Ireland
• Coordinated, implemented and surpassed the €250K fundraising goal by 300% for the inaugural HB Ice Cream Sundays national event. Developed a cost-effective fundraising program, coordinated volunteers and implemented fundraising events throughout Ireland.
OgilvyInteractive, Ogilvy Group Ireland | Dublin and Galway, Ireland | May 2001 to December 2002
New Media Consultant, Acting Director
• Motivated a team of eight people reporting directly to me, responsible for Business Development and Project Direction of numerous campaigns, newsletters, online strategies and clients with combined budgets exceeding €1 Million per annum. Clients included Unilever, Vodafone, Eircom and Revenue.
Baltimore Technologies | Dublin, Ireland | August 2000 to May 2001
• Developed a long-term eMarketing strategy for Baltimore Technologies in line with business and corporation objectives, and supervised its implementation.
• Developed and led high-performance cross-company team that worked collaboratively with the divisions, regions and functions to formulate and execute effective divisional eMarketing strategies.
• Freeholder Vicari appointee Member to the Ocean County Tourism Advisory Council – September 2013 to September 2016
• An Taoiseach appointee (Irish Prime Minister) as Member of the National Disability Authority Board – December 2009 to December 2013
o Member of the National Disability Strategy Authority sub-committee
• Autism Speaks Global Autism Public Health Initiative Irish Advisory Board – 2009
• Social Entrepreneurs Ireland Board of Directors – 2007, 2008
Select Honors, Awards and Keynote Speaking Engagements
• Ben & Jerry’s Join Our Core Launch, Key Note, 2013
• European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA) 2012 Annual Conference Panelist
• IUSA (Ireland United States) Alumni Association Key Note 2012
• Junior Chamber of Ireland Outstanding Young Person of the Year, Children and Human Rights - 2011
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2013 and Proficient Microsoft Project 2013
Whitaker School of Government and Management, Institute of Public Administration, University College Dublin
May 2013 | Higher Diploma in Public Management , Honors
Rutgers University, Rutgers College New Brunswick, New Jersey
Graduated May 1996 | BA Hons in History | Phi Alpha Theta (History Honors Fraternity) | Dean’s List
Ocean County College, Toms River, New Jersey
Graduated May 1994 | AA Hons, Dean’s List | Honors Program