To utilize my expertise with modelling and texturing to create high quality assets to be used in productions.
- Extensive 3d skill set, includes modelling, texturing, rigging, and animating.
- Specialization for gaming workflow, including baking of normal maps, shader creation, and vertex normal manipulation.
- Solid understanding of various programs: Maya, 3Ds Max, ZBrush, Rhino, Photoshop, UDK, xNormals, and MS Office.
- Eye for design, shape, structure, silhouette, detail, colour and shade.
- Motivated, strong communication abilities, and team oriented attitude.
- Meet client expectations, anticipate client needs, as well as match branding standards.
- Sense of urgency regarding deadlines.
- Continual learner.
Appegasus Games INC.
3D Artist (Character and Environment) 04/2013 – 12/2013
- Responsible for low and hi-poly modelling as well as the texturing of 3D characters, props and environmental assets.
- Working as part of the pipeline. Beginning my assets with model sheets from the conceptual artists, and then working with the Art Director, to create dynamic characters and assets that fit the projects visual style, and level of detail.
- Exposing limitations and proposing solutions to character designs while respecting the polygon and texture budget.
PDT Woodworking and Cabinetry INC.
Designer & 3D Modeller 08/2012 – 05/2013
- Modelled and rendered several types of environments included various kitchens, vanities, libraries, and family rooms. All while managing deadlines, and client expectations. The results were then presented to the clients, and through working with them our team was able to deliver the results our clients desired.
- Overcame limitations and created workflows to manufacture products using eCabinets and exported them to the router. When compared to cutting manually, this workflow greatly increased the team’s efficiency.
- Scheduled appointments to meet with clients on site. Presented and discussed design documents, discussing with them and the builders on the best solutions for their needs.
Bell Mobility - Professional Management Program
3D Associate Artist 02/2012 – 09/2012
- Presented with the High Octane award for going above and beyond the call of duty, in addition to completing projects within stringent timelines.
- Collaborated with other 3D artists, videographers, and compositors to create a video for a trade show and corporate presentation.
- Conducting a workshop on ZBrush which received a peer satisfaction score of 90% and hosted a 3D dialogue meeting on normal maps and low poly production work flow.
- Aided the Analytics and IT departments participating in cross functional market intelligence studies, installing, and hard wiring speakers as well as helping to trouble shoot new workstations.
Concept Artist, (contract) 2011 – 2012
- Developed with the Art Director, the overall design that was used for one of the unique races.
- Contributed to the vision with other artists to build a cache of illustrations and schematic art to create the artistic direction for the intellectual property.
Seneca College 2009 – 2010
Graduate Certificate - Game Art and Animation
- Collaborated with other classmates to make a mod for UT3, tasks included, modelling, texturing, rigging, animating, and importing into the Unreal Engine.
- Gained proficiency with 3D soft wares including 3ds max, ZBrush, Photoshop, Vicon.
Sheridan College 2006 – 2009
Advanced Diploma/Certificate – Visual and Creative Arts/Art Fundamentals
- Learned the many skills and principles of 2D art including: Drawing, Painting, Design, Shading, Technical Drawing, Sculpting, Graphics, Compositions, and
- Participated in an afterhours club, where we would meet, discuss, teach and learn about various artistic techniques, to further add to our repertoire.
Big Brothers Big Sisters 02/2012 – Present
- Coordinate with other group volunteers to mentor youth in a group setting. Planning and carrying out group events and activities designed to encourage healthy eating, fitness, communication, and fostering physical and emotional health.
Montreal International Gaming Summit 2010
- Cooperated with other volunteers in areas such as registration, welcome desk, and security.
- Attended several conferences and presentations about the business and technical aspects of the video game industry.