Writing Program, Part-time lecturer, New Brunswick, NJ: Fall semester 2010
Teach two sections of Expository Writing to incoming freshmen; manage two classes of 22 students each; prepare in-class and outside writing assignments; grade weekly writing assignments according to departmental grading rubric.
• Freelance contributor for Curve Magazine, 2010-present
• Entertainment Editor and New York Correspondent for Hip Ink magazine. 1995-1996
Freelance Writer & Publicist, New York, NY: 1987-present (sampling)
• Assistant publicist for award-winning one-woman show at the 2011 NYC Frigid Festival, “Saving Tania’s Privates.” Wrote and distributed press materials, including press releases, media alerts, event invitations and maintained social media accounts (Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
• Wrote and distributed press releases, media alerts, fielded press calls for interviews, images and information, fulfilled requests screener copies, maintained spreadsheet of festival submissions and distributor information and made daily and weekly to-do lists for filmmaker Madeleine Olnek’s feature film, Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same, 2010/2011 (Sundance).
• Wrote and distributed press copy for filmmaker Madeleine Olnek’s short film Countertransference, 2009 (Sundance, SXSW, CineVegas, Sarasota, and others.)
• Wrote copy for press and collateral material for numerous non-profit organizations, theatres, festivals and individual artists resulting in reviews and/or press coverage in the Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Village Voice, Time Out New York, New York Blade, Denver Post, Westword, Rocky Mountain News, Charleston City Paper, The Post and Courier, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, The Seattle Times and many others.
• Publicist, WOW Café, 501(c)(3) Theatre Collective 1997 – 1998 Season. New York, NY, wrote and distributed press copy to print and broadcast media in the Tri-State area.
• Director of Publicity 1990-1991 Season, University of Montana, Department of Drama/Dance; Assistant to the Director of Publicity 1989-1990 Season.
• Developed dramatic text for theatre companies in the U.S. and abroad. In NYC, works have been produced by The Toyota Comedy Festival, HERE Arts Center, The WOW Café and the Brooklyn Arts Exchange. Regionally works have been produced by the Piccolo Spoleto Festival, the University of Utah and the Seattle Fringe Theatre Festival, and, internationally by Vitalstatistix Theatre Company in Australia. 1995 – 2010
• Head writer for the stage comedy In Heat and the character Doris Anderson. Ms. Anderson’s blog launched in February 2010. http://dorisanderson.wordpress.com
• Proficient with: Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint Excel, Access, Outlook, including Styles & Formatting), Illustrator 11 and Pages. Mac & PC versatile.
M.F.A. University of Montana, Missoula, MT
B.F.A. Loretto Heights College, Denver, CO
DIGITAL PRESS KIT AVAILABLE ON REQUEST OR CAN BE DOWNLOADED AT www.lisa-haas.com