Technical Sales and Sales Support / Business Development Manager with extensive international and multi-cultural experience. Strengths in cultivating and maintaining business relationships. Great ability to develop and articulate complex solutions. Experienced working in Fortune 100 companies as well as in a start-up entrepreneurial business’. Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish and conversational in German.
DLA – Digital Latin America - U.S. - 2008-current
Sales & Operations Support Supervisor:
• Implementation of the new Client Support effort via the development of new processes and communications.
• Provide Sales and end-user customers with Technical and Product support and acting as a liaison between DLA’s clients and Technical Department in the definition of new technical product profiles.
• Maintain records and follow-up with DLA’s clients and sales team of the provided solution optimizing
• Generation of reports and analytical statistics to determine the level of customer service provided and minimize future incidents.
Media Center Supervisor (05 employees / 24x7 operation) - Operations:
• Responsible for: Planning and delivery of DLA’s digital content (VOD; PPV) to the Latin American and Iberia regions via DLA’s proprietary system (DLA Xpress); FTP; Aspera; hard drives and satellite. Management and administration of Media Libraries (physical and digital); storages and FTP’s.
• Customer and Sales Technical support regarding deliverables, interacting directly with Sales and customers in the regions.
• Traffic Control and contacts with DLA’s providers (studios and labs) requesting content for VOD and PPV and delivery follow-up.
Account Executive - Affiliate Services:
• Liaison between DLA’s Operations Division; Technical and Sales Divisions and our Customers in the Latin American and Caribbean regions.
• Lead is special projects such as the digital deployment of our content delivery solution via satellite.
COMPAL / Bizcom-LAR / - U.S - 2004-2008
Business Development Manager for Latin America:
• Focused on the notebook market segment through the exclusive representation of Compal barebone / white box notebooks (2nd largest worldwide) for the Latin American Region as well as other major notebook component and accessory manufacturers and distributors.
• Responsibilities include, among other activities identifying, prospecting, analyzing and developing new business opportunities within the region targeting corporations and channels (OEM’s) interested in developing and marketing their brand names in the notebook segment as well as leveraging and expanding new sales opportunities with established customers. Also provide pre-sales support and training.
HEWLETT-PACKARD CO. - U.S. and Brazil - 1995-2004
Technical Business Development Manager & Solution Architect (2000-2004):
Part of HP’s Sales Alliance Organization; liaison and technical partner developer between HP and System Integrator Partners (CSC and IBM Global Services).
• Built and managed technical relationships and awareness for HP solutions portfolio with Fortune 100 end-user clients; increased revenues from $70 Million in 2002 (CSC) and $160 Million in 2003 (IBMGS).
• Articulated technical differentiation for HP solutions value propositions and development of TCO studies.
• Evaluated technical solution components in joint initiatives for the combined sales teams.
• Collaborated to develop technical plans on technology transfer (training) programs between HP’s divisions and labs.
• Provided technical deal support to the Sales teams.
• Initiated, provided and supported technical escalations.
• Technical training via web based seminars and presentations.
Technical Consultant & Solution Architect - U.S. (1997-2000):
Provided remote in depth pre-sales technical consulting, aligning HP customers technological needs while supporting HP’s computing strategies.
• Selected by management to transfer back to U.S. to lead the implementation of pilot pre-sales Systems Engineering Team Technical Support Program for Latin America Sales Organization resulting in immediate initial cost reductions and more agile technical response times for the LAR field organizations.
• Handled all aspects of ERP / Supply Chain sizing, design, configuration and technical support (i2; Baan).
• Provided pre-sales technical consulting and qualified / analyzed customer requirements for successful systems engineering solutions.
• Identified technical leads and opportunities for the field.
• Developed and maintained technical expertise in HP core technologies and of competitor offerings and solutions. Active member of HP Technology Forums.
Account Manager - Brazil (1995-1997):
Identified, developed and maintained new and established strategic accounts focused mainly on "top 500" companies in services segments in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
• Achieved $4 million yearly quotas.
• Developed and brought to HP major customer accounts including: TAM (Case Study); Vale Refeicao (1,4M), McDonald’s Brazil (previous DEC and Compaq accounts).
• Interfaced with Hewlett Packard's resources and partners, consulting and service teams, channel partners and VAR's; acted as trusted advisor to customers in order to design and offer total and integrated solutions that met their individual needs.
STAR CONTROLS/ATHOS ID SYSTEMS – Brazil and U.S. - 1988-1995
Industrial Partner and Technical Pre and Post Sales Director
Represented Data Collecting equipment, Time & Attendance and Access Control Software, in Brazil & South America.
• Provided technical contact and sales liaison between the U.S. equipment supplier and Star Controls, and led the design, development and implementation of all new software versions.
• Participation and support in trade shows with our channel partners.
• Developed first major customer – McDonald’s. Implementation of first worldwide automated T&A pilot system with now 400+ stores in Brazil (800k in equipment plus support contracts).
• Identified, trained and implemented new VAR’s and Channel Partners in Brazil and Peru.
• Technical design and site analysis, hardware, software, communications and solutions to ensure that customers’ needs were met. Led 10 employees.
• Led in-house software development team.
CMA - CONSULTORIA, METODOS E ASSESSORIA LTDA – Brazil and U.S. - 1986-1988
Marketing Product Manager
Coordinated all activities related to identification and implementation of new network and system “feeders” in Brazil and abroad for the largest financial information provider in South America that was directly connected to the major stock exchanges and news agencies worldwide, maintaining over 2000 clients spread over South America, U.S.A. and Europe.
• Traveled extensively throughout U.S. to demo systems and projects via personal meetings, expo’s end-users and main information supplier executives.
• Negotiated contract elaboration, analysis and follow-up.
• Provided financial reporting between CMA’s account payable and international suppliers.
Additional Relevant Experience:
Over eight years experience as Business Analyst and Process Information Analyst/Consultant for Alcoa and Revlon, in areas such as: Finance; Inventory; Internal Control development and implementation; Sales & Marketing. Software and Hardware cost / benefit analysis.
Business Administration - Pontificia Universidade Catolica of Sao Paulo (PUC), Brazil
Custom Solutions - Overview & Workshop - MIT Consultants / Problem Analysis & Decision Making - Kepner Tregoe / Sales Basics- Miller Heiman / Advanced Selling - Miller Heiman / Strategic Selling - Miller Heiman / Working Groups - Hewlett Packard / Conducting Meetings - Hewlett Packard / Cambridge Technology Group Customer Training and / Accelerated Training for Microsoft Windows Architectures / Architecting Enterprise Systems with BEA Application Framework BEA – HP / TradeMatrix Solutions (TMSO) i2 / Partnering with i2 for Sales Success / i2 / Planning & Managing Projects - IPS Project Management Program.