CYNTHIA M. HAMMOND
Results-driven marketing expert with significant experience managing global corporate communications departments. Developed and implemented strategic marketing plans with measured success. Directed branding efforts including positioning, message development, and corporate identity creation. A leader with strong organizational and personnel development skills.
Destiny Communications 2009 – present
Marketing Consultant 2004 - 2007
Consultant role managing marketing programs, public relations, product launch and event management projects for companies including:
Cisco - Consultant for Strategy and Planning Integrated Marketing Communications
Developed National and Global Webinar Marketing Programs. Branded webcasts as a series, resulting in unprecedented attendance.
EMC - Event Director
Planned and managed annual tradeshows and conferences.
Memento – Marketing Communications Consultant
Developed user groups and forums.
ikaSystems – Marketing Consultant
Created content for customer proposals.
Monosphere 2007 - 2009
Marketing Programs Director
• Overhauled website to better reflect a seasoned and innovative company. Developed new branding and message positioning. Created web lead capture mechanism from downloads and video views. Conducted several online customer/prospect surveys. Information gathered lead to significant findings which I reported, and doubled our press coverage for two product launches.
• Increased tradeshow leads by 330% with innovative promotion campaign.
• Developed lead tracking program, from initial contact through purchase. Improved CRM system, enabling sales force to better target opportunities resulting in increased revenue.
Mentor Graphics Corp. 2003 - 2004
Senior Marketing Communications Manager, Design Creation Division
• Developed panels for seminar series and tradeshows. Created unprecedented audience attendance and participation by creating pre-show “buzz” around a controversial subject featuring well-known industry icons
• Created 4 customer success stories; wrote and/or edited over 30 electronic newsletter articles/white papers for lead generation/download activities. Downloads of articles increased 65% over a 5 month period; opt-ins for newsletter increased from 11, 000 to 20, 000 subscribers.
• Created first in series 8-page trade magazine insert, which positioned our company as the leader in a niche market. Overprints served to double as collateral material for the sales force. We continued to take away market share from our competitor.
Synplicity, Inc. 1999 - 2002
Director, Corporate Communications
• Managed marketing department from start-up through IPO. Gained market lead in less than 2 years. Subsequently developed 3 years of annual reports serving as collateral for the sales force and investor relations fulfillment. Managed national and international tradeshows.
• Developed company’s first international public relations and advertising programs as part of a company initiative to increase international sales. Facilitated an increase in contributed articles and developed process for expanding international article placement. Results were that I doubled international press coverage from previous year. All international sales goals were met.
• Developed brand and style guide from scratch. Determined key company values and messages. Instituted Creative Brief forms for every marketing project to ensure consistency in communicating key messages with the same look and feel. Ran pre-and post-brand studies with an audience of customers, prospects, and editors, which ultimately revealed that we increased brand by 75%.
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. 1996 - 1999
Corporate Marketing Communications Manager
• Conceived and implemented the Customer Success Story theater as part of the largest industry tradeshow. Achieved record number of leads generated from this show. Parlayed presentation videos into other media and venue usage for a significant cost savings. Obtained several favorable article placements in post-show trade publication issues.
• Successfully integrated seven major acquisitions. Developed and implemented marketing and branding transition plans with timeframes ranging from two months to three years. Ensured compliance with the new product naming convention yet balanced personnel concerns.
• Developed and implemented new company logo launch program. Managed internal and external communications program, informing key audiences of reasons for rebranding company. Results were favorable press articles reviewing key changes in our company.
• Developed a company-wide program to increase success stories for each of our seven business units. Developed internal incentive program, including “successful success story criteria” to obtain story leads from the field. Results were over 25 success stories, which the sales force claimed to be the most convincing collateral material. Leveraged stories to pitch to the press, significantly increasing contributed articles in trade and business press. Also developed video versions of several stories for use at tradeshows and seminars.
University of Hartford, Connecticut
VOLUNTEER AND ASSOCIATION POSITIONS
Marlboro 350th Anniversary – News Correspondent
Silicon Valley American Marketing Association – Communications VP
Business Marketing Association – Communications VP
Big Brother/Big Sister
Operation Smile Volunteer