I am a versatile, hands-on, creative, print and web Designer with 15+ years of design, experience. I have advanced print design and production skills and basic web design skills and I enjoy the challenge of creating solutions for your design needs. I’m technically proficient, easy to work with and won’t stop until your happy.
• Outstanding record of completing projects on time and within budget
• Strong negotiation skills with outside vendors resulting in significant reduction in operating costs
• Informed and experienced with all printing processes
• Management and coordination of design and art teams
Mac design software:
• Quark Xpress
• Adobe CS5: Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and InDesign
• MS Office
• FileMaker Pro
Pearson Education, Prentice Hall, Boston
Senior Designer - 2006 to 2009
• Disseminated visual information from basal product into well-designed and recognizable packaging for DVD’s and CD’s.
• Developed templates and standard designs for discipline specific materials
• Worked with various print and digital specifications and materials
• Prepared high-res digital files for printing and on-line use including manipulating images, PDF's and color correcting
• Proven organizational, time management and communication skills
• Managed routing of files through FileMaker Pro to editorial and marketing
Pearson Education, Prentice Hall, Boston,
Art Developer - 2004 to 2006
• Worked with a team of illustrators, editorial and design staff to develop creative solutions for various books including Pearson’s most successful math book for 2005 and 2006, leading the effort to define a highly dynamic, engaging, and informative art program.
• Art directed illustrators, reviewing and critiquing their work.
• Recruited and managed illustrators and photo researchers to keep art fresh, and current.
• Provided hands-on support for art, which requires fluency in MAC illustration software.
Mairead Reddin Design, Medway, MA
Art Director – 1994 to 2004
• Worked with a variety of national and local accounts providing advertising, web, consumer product packaging and collateral design services.
• Industries included: pharmaceutical, consumer products, fiber optics, electronics and non-profit organizations
• Designed and produced highly visible, consumer product packaging for a multi million-dollar manufacturing corporation
• Managed and coordinated five separate product lines totaling over 200 products
• Developed original branding and product line messaging
• Negotiated effectively with vendors for lower operating costs
• Managed art department staff and freelance illustrators
• College of Commerce, Ireland: Diploma in Art in Industry and Commerce
• Mass College of Art, Boston: Printing and Reproduction Methods
• Printing Institute of N.E.: Dreamweaver and Web Design
• N.E. Printing and Graphics: Print production and related seminars
• Keefe Tech, Framingham: Dreamweaver Advanced
• Bose Corporation
• Canton Advertising
• Crabtree & Evelyn
• Data Becker
• Draka Comteq Group
• Everett Communications
• Helix Hi-Temp
• Hills Advertising
• Holmes Products Corp
• Ibis Publishing Group
• JWG Associates
• D.C. Heath/Lexington Books
• Medina Pharmaceutical
• Oclassen Pharmaceutical
• Proteus Design
• Pointed Communications
• Quantum Corporation
• Software Arts
• Watson Pharmaceutical
• Xanthus Corporation