JOHN M. CURTIN
N. Tonawanda, NY 14120 ? Phone: (716) 935-9720
? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ?Twitter: @jmcurtin26 ?
? Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnnyboy187 ?
Grand Island Dispatch - Niagara Frontier Publications January – May 2011
• Covered news beat – Bicentennial of the War of 1812.
• Reported on several independent stories simultaneously.
• Reported on Niagara University interests.
• Took photographs to coincide with articles.
The Niagara Index – Niagara University's Newspaper September 2011 – May 2012
• Covered featured special-interest stories.
• One of two photographers.
• Managed & edited news website.
Niagara Frontier Publications May – October 2012
• 250+ hour internship.
• Covered local stories.
• Produced “Let's Go Back” column (i.e. this date in history).
• Photojournalism work.
Lockport Union Sun & Journal May – August 2011
• 200+ hour internship.
• Covered local special-interest stories.
• Feature stories on September 11th anniversary & Senator Anthony Wiener Scandal.
The Buffalo News June – August 2008
• 300 hour internship.
• Shadowed reporters Dan Herbeck & Lou Michel (authors of “American Terrorist”)
TOXIC: Niagara – Short film/Documentary October 2012 – current
• Ongoing project investigating environmental issues in the Niagara Region.
• Teaser film (8 min.) completed in May 2013.
• Film published at: http://bit.ly/toxniag
Project Censored 2012 – Independent News Competition September – December 2011
• Published as 3rd most under-reported international story of 2012.
Other Work Experience
The Home Depot April 2013-current
• Duties: Providing customer service in multiple departments and stocking when needed.
Investigative Journalism, Beat Reporting, Feature Writing, Fiction, Non-fiction, AP Style, Advanced
Researching, Court Reporting, Typing (63 WPM), Photography, NewsEdit software, Adobe Creative Suite 4-6,
Microsoft Office (all editions), OpenOffice (all editions), Windows 94-8, Apple/Macintosh.
Canon EOS Rebel T3 DSLR w/ 18-55mm EFS lens, external flash, Infrared sensor, wireless remote, extra
batteries; Sony Alpha 230 DSLR w/ 18-55mm & 55-200mm lenses; 2 professional tripods; 3 digital voice recorders;
Toshiba Satellite C855-D Windows 8 laptop; E-Machines Windows 7 PC.
Niagara University; Niagara, NY September 2009 – May 2013
Bachelor's Degree in Arts & Sciences
• Major: Communications Studies; Minor: Writing
• Major G.P.A.: 3.1
1. Joshua Maloni
Web Editor @ Niagara Frontier Publications
Phone: (716) 773-7676 Email: email@example.com
2. Karen Keefe
Former Editor-in-Chief @ Lockport Union Sun & Journal
3. Dr. Mark Barner
Niagara University Professor/Professional Videographer
Phone: (716) 286-8575 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org