Seek the Position of MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST
Highly talented Medical Transcriptionist with extensive experience in interpreting, transcribing, and proofreading dictations by physicians and/or other health care professionals in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
Summary of Qualifications
• Over twenty-five years of experience as a Medical Transcriptionist.
• Great typing skills, eye of perfection with proofreading, and excellent attention to detail.
• Deep knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and the various medical specialties as required in all areas of responsibility.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) necessary to perform the essential functions of the position including grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
• Ability to work and communicate in a positive and cooperative manner with management and supervisory staff, medical staff, co-workers and other healthcare personnel when providing information and services, seeking assistance and clarification and resolving problems.
• Thorough knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices and ability to use designated reference materials.
• Strong ability to operate designated word processing software and PC, dictation, transcription equipment, and other equipment as specified for the company's needs. Strong knowledge of DocQscribe and ExpressScribe.
• Transcribe and edit medical records, including operative reports, discharge summaries, consultations, patient history and physical examinations, emergency room reports, progress reports, clinical notes, and physician letters and notes, with extensive knowledge of various medical specialty practices, including, but not limited to, oncology, hematology, orthopedics, nephrology, neurology, radiology, family practice, gastroenterology, psychiatry, physical therapy, chiropractic, obstetrics, gynecology, sports medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine, rheumatology, infectious disease, geriatrics, otolaryngology, plastic surgery, dermatology, cardiology, endocrinology, podiatry and urology.
PAGE 2 CONTINUED. . .
• Oversee daily activities of the company to optimize productivity and quality of work.
• Verify accuracy of patient information such as name and identification number; verify accuracy of transcription for correct punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
• Maintain logs of medical procedures, incoming dictation, and transcription records.
• Ensure strict confidentiality of medical records.