Marketing & Communications
• Copywriting, editing, desktop design
• Email campaign and website development
• Public relations, product datasheets, case study creation
• Newsletter development, new product launches, conference management
• Agency, printing, freelance management
Owner, GrowMyBiz Aiken-Augusta
Aiken, SC (February 2013 – present)
- I started GrowMyBiz Aiken-Augusta to help small business owners in the Aiken, SC and Augusta, GA area develop emails and social media postings utilizing Constant Contact. I also offer freelance copywriting, public relations, and website content.
Marketing Communications, ESi Acquisition, Inc./Intermedix
Augusta, GA (February 2008 – February 2013)
- Created marketing materials, product datasheets, technical notes, and online customer and prospect communications for the leading developer of emergency management software.
• Prepared weekly email campaigns sent to customers and prospects that drove double-digit sales increases and informed them of new products and software updates
• Replaced an Atlanta PR agency and created online public relations campaigns and case studies, saving the company over $240k/year
• Managed site tours for customers and VIPs and career days for local students
• Developed website copy for ESi911.com and managed marketing, speaker, and course development for the annual customer training conference
• Worked with the Sales Team on Request for Proposal (RFP) content, including the largest sale of WebEOC software to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Marketing Communications Manager, Watson Wyatt Data Services
Rochelle Park, NJ (September 2001 – October 2006)
- Created website pages, email promotions, catalogs, and direct mail for an international benefits and compensation consultancy.
• Developed weekly email campaigns that increased domestic sales by 15%
• Increased sales every year with targeted direct mail for new and existing products
• Created Comp Report, a monthly online compensation newsletter for prospect generation
• Managed and directed the writing of a staff copywriter
Marketing Manager, International Quality & Productivity Center (IQPC)
Little Falls, NJ (May 1994 – May 2001)
- Managed the marketing functions for U.S. and international high-end business conferences.
• Developed integrated print, web, and direct marketing campaigns that set sales records
• Managed budgets and vendors, tracked marketing ROI
• Marketed the firm’s most successful conference – with a net profit of over $350k on a budget of
less than $20k
Bachelor of Arts, Long Island University, C.W. Post campus; School of Visual Arts, N.Y.
Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)