Address: 1705 17th Ave. E.,
email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone line: 205.239.7964
• More than 12 years of work experience and study in design, graphics, writing, publishing and project organization.
• Ability to organize and work efficiently with team to meet rigid deadlines for copy, layout, writing and editing.
• Expertise in PC and Mac Systems, Quark Xpress, Microsoft Office, Works, Intuit QuickBooks Pro,
Adobe Creative Suite, [Including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign] Harris Pagination, Flash and Dreamweaver.
• UA SCHOOL OF MUSIC, Tuscaloosa, AL.,
Arts Events Coordinator & Director of Music Services
2011 - 2013
Directed all events for the School of Music, used innovative ideas to change the culture of the School of Music, helped to create, coordinate and execute a ticketing system through tix.com, created magazine ads and newsletters, used WordPress to update the online calendar, instructor of record for MUS 010, managed GTAs, work study students to assist in working events as well as writing contracts for artists. Wrote press releases and articles for MDB Newsletter and Alabama Music Notes, departmental magazine.
• BASEBALL AMERICA, Durham, NC.
2009 - 2011
Design of Baseball America magazine pages, books such as Baseball America’s Super Register, Prospect Handbook, Directory, Draft Almanac and The Baseball Autograph Collector’s Handbook, as well as development of ads, logos, special publication projects and web items. Helped to organize statistics, worked as a project manager for Baseball America’s partnership with Nike. Created a pop-up Nike store that displayed archive images of Baseball America covers to correspond with vintage Nike cleats for the 2010 College [baseball] World Series in Omaha. Collaborated with editors, writers and advertisers to achieve common goals.
• UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA SPORTS MEDIA RELATIONS, Tuscaloosa, AL.
Produced media guides, promotional pieces, fact-checked and copy-edited for sports media relations office that serves over 20 collegiate sports
• CRIMSON CAFÉ, Tuscaloosa, AL.
Administered payroll for a staff of more than 25, handled billing, invoices and payments, along with other office duties including computer tasks.
• TUSCALOOSA NEWS, Tuscaloosa, AL.
Designed pages in editorial, features, business and
local news. Copy-edited in all sections. Worked with web publishing as well as design.
• THE CRIMSON WHITE, Tuscaloosa, AL.
Went from staff designer to managing editor, design, over four years. Wrote for opinions, entertainment. Redesigned paper. Also worked as Special Editions Editor, where I collaborated with advertising to create special advertising sections.
University of Alabama
Major: Visual Journalism
Minor: Studio Art focusing on Graphic Design
• St. Louis Post-Dispatch (St. Louis, MO.)
• Asbury Park Press (Neptune, NJ.)
• The Dothan Eagle (Dothan, AL.)
Designed pages in editorial, news, features, opinions and local news. Copy-edited in all sections. Worked with web publishing. Wrote music and restaurant reviews.
Lauren de Vlaming