17 Ridgeway Terrace, Needham, MA, 02492 • 617-462-5778 • firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA Bachelor of Arts June 2010
Majors: English and Psychology
Needham High School Needham, MA June 2005
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, SPSS, PowerPoint, WordPress, HTML, Final Cut Pro, Salesforce, social media, research databases, SEO, copywriting
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Social Media Sales Associate Main Street Hub, New York, NY (2013)
• Researched businesses, cold called, sent marketing emails, and drove sales.
• Presented persuasive online demonstrations to small business owners.
• Improved social media presence and enhanced Yelp reviews for small businesses.
Personal Care Assistant Cerebral Palsy of MA, Quincy, MA (2006-2012)
• Served handicapped people throughout Massachusetts with various daily tasks.
• Placed phone calls, filled out paper work, and scheduled doctor’s appointments.
• Assisted immigrants with English language and prepared them for citizenship exams.
Account Coordinator Best Print Buy, Norwood, MA (2011-2012)
• Used SEO knowledge to create content and perform copywriting for website.
• Increased company sales by initiating effective digital marketing campaigns.
• Made 60+ daily marketing phone calls, attended trade shows, and sold products.
Content Writer and Editor The Daily Collegian, Amherst, MA (2008-2010)
• Proofread, reviewed, and organized newspaper articles before they went to press.
• Conducted topical research and performed interviews to gather information.
• Wrote editorials 8-10 times a month while adhering to very strict newspaper deadlines.
Publicity Intern WMUA 91.1FM, Amherst, MA (2007-2009)
• Wrote radio spots and press releases for station and developed marketing strategies.
• Updated blogs, social media accounts, and media lists with station news and updates.
• Organized year long concert and event series to increase radio station's recognition.
ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND AND INTERESTS
• Brand Ambassador for L’Oreal, Pantene, Starbucks, Comcast, Propel Zero, and Axe
• Enumerator for the United States Census Bureau
• Ran a private editing, proofreading, and tutoring business
• Research Assistant for Data Collection and Memory Project at Umass Amherst
• Trained Radio Disc Jockey with over two years of on air experience
• Writing samples are located on my personal blog: http://www.peoplerun.tumblr.com