After recently becoming unemployed due to "economic downsizing" I decided to go into a world that is only growing...the internet. With a degree in Business Management / Accounting and 20 years of experience I have decided to take my future into my own hands and never be under anyone's thumb again.
PROFILE: Accomplished individual seeking a position which will utilize my ability to work with people, my education and training, and a rich experience accomplishing core results.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
Excellent motivator with ability to project enthusiasm, drive, and energy.
Goal-orientated, hard worker, committed to efficient and productive operations.
Self-starter adept at sizing–up situations, systematically analyzing facts,
and making complicated material understandable.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
ENTREPRENEUR SOCIAL MEDIA/MARKETING/BLOGGING
Organizational Administration, Bookkeeper, Payroll, and Accounts Payable:
• Manage all aspects of full service reception area including greeting clients and assisting with information.
• Receive callers on multi-line phone system, determine nature of call, and direct to appropriate person with 100% accuracy.
• Type memos, correspondence, reports, bank reconciliations, and other documents as needed.
• Responsible for the weekly and bi-weekly payroll for 20+ companies with 20+ plus employees.
• Filing of tax returns associated with payroll, 941, 940, and weekly/monthly multi-state withholdings.
• Perform diverse administrative duties requiring attention to detail and high-degree of confidentiality.
• Responsible for doing the accounts payable for 20+ companies on a weekly basis.
Office and Administration:
• Initiate and carry-out daily and weekly duties.
• Responsible for personnel management and oversight of organizational duties.
• Utilize PCs to generate/evaluate numerous reports, schedules, written reports, and other communications.
• Perform all duties that are required for front office work, payroll, and accounts payable.
• Familiar with variety of computer packages and systems.
• Responsible for maintaining employee records and documentation for the filing of W-2, W-3 and W-4's.
• Sincere interest in people, able to maintain good interpersonal relationships.
• Resourceful ability to maximize available resources and opportunities.
Personal and Self-Management:
• Excellent communicator with ability to project/elicit enthusiasm, drive, and energy to accomplish tasks.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Energetic personality with record of building strong working relationships achieving results.
• Skilled at handling various populations/age groups; professionally, sensitively, and effectively.
• Proven team-player, decision-maker, and problem-solver.
• Entrepreneurial professional; accomplishes goals with enthusiasm utilizing available resources.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
QuickBooks, Quicken, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Word and Excel for the use in data entry, payroll, general bookkeeping, general ledge, filing, multi-line phone system, and 10-Key.
Completed course toward Certified Nurse Assistant Program, State Fair Community College, Sedalia Missouri
Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Longview Community College, Raytown, Missouri
Business Management Diploma, National Career Institute, Independence, Missouri
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND ENGAGEMENT
Community Garden Organizer.
Open Door Thrift Store Volunteer.
Attire for Hire, State Fair Community College.
Newsletter Development, Pettis County Community Partnership.
Community Volunteer Resource Guide, Sedalia Chamber of Commerce.
Online Entrepreneur Current
Accounting/Bookkeeper BMW Services Sedalia, MO 2009 to 2013
Nurse Asst./Medical Records Bothwell Regional Health Center Sedalia, MO 2003 to 2005
Nurse Assistant Four Seasons Nursing Facility Sedalia, MO 2002 to 2003
Customer Services Specialists Sedalia County Club Sedalia, MO 2000 to 2002
Administrative Assistant Interim Personnel of Jackson County Indep, MO 1992 to 1997
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST