4419 Cape Cod Circle .
Bowie , MD 20720
(301) 464 – 8803 (Home)
(301) 996-5708 (Cell)
To obtain a position in a dynamic technology-based environment in which I will be able to demonstrate my Quality Assurance/Test skills, as well as learn new business skills to become an invaluable member of the team
Summary of Experience
Software quality assurance and testing experience in a wide variety of environments. Functionality, compatibility, reliability, usability, installation, security and related test methodologies. Participated in the testing of web application, client-server, network, multimedia, and database projects on Windows and UNIX operating systems. I provided leadership roles in the creation and execution of QA and testing processes, test strategies and plans, and bug documentation and regression. Also, I provided record management, systems integration tasks encompassing the Software Requirement Specification (SRS) documentation development and application testing, systems operation tasks, and quality control of software and system data. Expertise in full project life cycle development for implementation and integration, and extensive experience working with all aspects of in-house developed system, including cloning of Central Back-Up information onto DLT cartridges, which entails copying of Master, Clone, and Incremental files. To supplement my educational background in information systems management and software development, I undertook SAIC-provided classes in "Introduction to UNIX," "UNIX Systems Management," “Java 2 Language Basics,” “Creating Classes in Java,” "Project Management Foundations," "Security Awareness Course," "Systems Engineering Fundamental Concepts," through SAIC University, and Managing Projects from The George Washington University.
Systems: Windows (95, 98, 2000, NT), UNIX, MS/DOS
Software: DB2, SQL Server, Access, Java 2, Visio
Hardware: SUN, Dell, UNIX Server, Data General MV10000, MV40000, and AOS/VS
Languages: COBOL, dBase III Plus, Java 2, UNIX, DB2, PL/SQL, Visual Basic
Certification: Managing Projects, UNIX System Management, Java 2, and Systems
Software Specialist, SAIC
Columbia , MD (10/1999 – 09/2009)
Oversaw the design and maintenance of Database environment at Integrated Security and Systems Solutions Business Unit (IISBU). Supported distributed Oracle database environment by maintaining/developing/tailoring quality assurance (QA) process plans, procedures, and forms for ELROI system project. Performed software upgrades, maintenance, and integration with vendor software on NT and Solaris platform. Applied quality assurance procedures for the production of microfilm and CD back-up media for the AOC of Maryland and assisted in the coordination of the process to electronically transmit ELROI image files from each courthouse server in the State of Maryland to the Maryland State Archives (MSA) via the State’s network using a file transfer protocol (FTP) site controlled by the MSA.
• Maintained integrity of systems-of-systems by defining requirements architecture and interfaces
• Planned, implemented, tested solutions to total systems or subsystems using internally created and/or commercial off-the-shelf products.
• Designed Microsoft Access databases, and updated existing system documentation.
• Coordinated with the customer and other team members and ensured problem solution, appropriate risk reduction, and user satisfaction.
• Performed systems integration tasks encompassing the Software Requirement Specification (SRS) documentation development and application testing, and quality control of software and system data.
• Created, coordinated, and executed system testing, including test plan development.
• Evaluated designs from product acceptance specifications, maintained quality documentation and records, and implemented corrective action feedback loops.
• Created new documentation for all the electronic image files being stored in the ELROI system.
• Involved in the incremental back-up of files.
• Involved in the cloning of Central Back-Up information onto DLT cartridges.
• Responsible for providing specialized technical advice and information to systems and software engineering and coordinated this information across all test projects.
Senior Document Specialist - Friday Systems Services, Inc.
Rockville, MD (08/1997 – 10/1999)
Designed Microsoft Access databases, updated existing system documentation, and created new documentation for all the electronic image files being stored in the HRSA system. Project lead for a Windows-based information data system, and responsible for reporting output via a third party word processor and data acquisition via Microsoft Excel and Access. Also, attended object-oriented training sessions, and analyzed Windows database information for potential use including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
• Collaborated with staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
• Designed and developed a Microsoft Access database that tracks the status of image files.
• Defined requirements and created business cases for technology developments.
• Responsible for providing specialized technical advice and information to systems and software engineering.
Senior Document Specialist - Anstec, Inc.
Rockville, MD (07/1995 – 07/1997)
Provided quality assurance support on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's Nuclear Document System, and performed second-pass quality control on data records, Public Document Room (PDR) daily transaction lists, and weekly and monthly title lists. Developed and implemented QA policies and procedures, including review of QA plans. Encoded vital information from documents related to nuclear reactor and materials regulation and was responsible for the compilation of production and accuracy statistics on encoders in unit team.
• Administered the processing of the legal documents that were under special flow procedures.
• Encoded vital information from documents related to nuclear reactor and materials regulation
• Assisted in the creation of quality assurance standard operation procedure (SOP’s) and related documentation.
• Compiled production and accuracy statistics on encoders in unit team.
• Provided analysis and evaluation of documents.
• Performed quality control functions on nuclear industry technical documents generated by the Encoding group.
• Supervised and trained staff of six document specialists, providing input to the Encoding manager on performance.
• Indexed vital data for storage and retrieval purposes in the Nuclear Documents System (NUDOCS) database.
Quality Controller - Computer Based Systems, Inc
Arlington, VA (01/1991 – 07/1995)
Provided records management and data control support for EPA’s Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know (EPCRA) Reporting Center . Responsible for identifying and providing records management and data control support with the overall objective of attaining the highest quality. Developed software enhancements and maintenance to (TRI) Title III Toxic Chemical Release Inventory system using the DB2 tool. This database assisted with an efficient conduct of on-line research and retrieval, preparation, and transportation of records from storage.
• Developed software enhancements and maintenance
• Provided records management and data control support
• Encoded vital information from documents.
• Researched and transported records from storage
University of Maryland, University College, College Park, MD
M.S, Software Development, 2001
University of Maryland, University College, College Park, MD
B.S, Information Systems Management, 1998