www.kenadamson1editor.com 860-881-4176 (C)
email@example.com 860-263-7579 (H)
A highly experienced and accomplished sports television editor with expertise in all aspects of television production and post production. An excellent storyteller in a fast-paced deadline driven atmosphere. An effective leader and mentor, able to motivate and develop staff to be highly productive and efficient.
ESPN, Bristol, CT 1987 - 2013
Lead Content Editor 1998 - 2013
• Responsible for editing, highlights, features, and montages and making them ready for by color correction and audio equalization
• Edited across all platforms and networks
• Produced and edited montages for Sportscenter, NASCAR, and NFL Shows
• Created templates and SOP’s for both international and domestic programs
• Communicated regularly with senior management on personal and departmental project status
• Managed project that led to the edit department being 20% more efficient
• Selected to work on remote productions: 1993 Super Bowl, 1995 Super Bowl, 1995 X Games, 1996 Olympics, 1999 Super Bowl and NFL Pro Bowl, 2000 Men's Final Four, 2001 Super Bowl, 2002 and 2003 MLB All-Star Game, 2005 and 2006 PGA Tour Championships
• Recruited and led editors on various projects
• Trained and mentored other editors in the use of linear and non-linear edit systems
• Led an ESPN initiative to improve senior management and workforce communication
• Created and implemented projects to improve the efficiency of the Edit department
• Lead Editor on NFL Draft for 10 years; responsible for editing over 200 player highlights
• Worked with the Producer and Graphics Producer to create a design for the NFL draft
• Proficient in the use of Quantel Non-Linear Edit System
• Familiar with Word, Excel, ENPS, Outlook
• Working knowledge of Avid and Final Cut Pro
• Familiar with facebook, twitter, tumblt, instagram, pintrest, foursquare, linkedin
Technical Operations 1987 - 1998
• Worked as video playback operator for Sportscenter and other studio shows
• Implemented the SOP's of the technical operations department
• Familiar with all aspects of control room for live studio events
• Excelled with SONY digital editing system (linear) Sony 2000 and 9100 editors, GVG 250 SONY switchers and audio boards, DVEous, Exteme, and SONY DME7000 digital video effects systems
Burger King, Glastonbury, CT 1982-1987
• Daily responsibilities included running daily shifts to make sure quality, service, and cleanliness was up to the standards as set by Burger King.
• Scheduled 45 employees and 4 managers
• ?In charge of ordering Food, Paper, and condiments on a bi weekly basis
• ?Responsible for the weekly, monthly, and yearly inventory of food, paper, and condiment as a percentage of total cost ?
• Trained employees on the proper procedures and all equipment in all areas of the restaurant
Central Connecticut State University, B.A., Communications-1987
Select Professional Classes: Public Speaking, Leadership, Crucial Conversations
Community theater: Appeared in and worked on over 60 community theater productions in the
Greater Hartford area.
Board of director’s member of a 501(c)(3) organization, Friends of Glastonbury Youth (FOGY),
Whose mission is to raise money and programs that benefit the youth of Glastonbury, CT.