253 Highland Ave, Meriden, CT 06451
• Over twenty-five years diversified manufacturing, and engineering responsibilities in supervisory and management capacity.
• Broad working knowledge in all aspects of manufacturing and engineering including organizational structure, system, quality, production, training and development.
• Diverse expertise in leading edge, state-of-the art manufacturing technologies coupled with proficiency in implementing MRP, and JIT inventory control systems as well as SPC, TQM, Six Sigma,
• Specialized expertise and success in managing startups and troubled turnaround-manufacturing environments.
• Senior level management skills (with direct report to president) of manufacturing facilities in diverse range of industrial, aerospace, and consumer products.
• Supervision and management of production and engineering staffs.
• Significant expertise in CAD operation, AutoCad rel. 12, 13, 14, & 2000, 2000i, 2002, 2006, Mechanical Desk Top 5.0, MDT 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, Inventor 5.3, and 10. and 11, 2010, 2011 Uni-graphics, Cadkey, and Solidworks.
• Computer skills, MS Word, Excell, Acess, and Powerpoint.
STRENGTHS and SKILLS:
• A personable individual with strong analytical, organizational, negotiation and communication skills able to interface well with all management levels, as well as customers large and small.
• Well recognized within the industry for results oriented, hands on,
No nonsense, get-it-done approach.
• Excellent problem-solver working well under demanding conditions.
• A team player with excellent intuitive organizational and people management skills.
Kelly Engineering & Scientific Resources 02/12-05/13
CAD Design, CAD Detail 2D/3D,
Re-engineering, Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
Fixturing and Tooling.
Appogee 05/08-Present Design
Meriden, CT AutoCAD 2007, Inventor 11.0, Inventor 2010
Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering
Fixturing, tooling, gauging, equipment, and processes.
05/07-05/08 Doncasters, Inc.
Farmington, CT AutoCAD 2007, Inventor 11.0
Process Engineer, New Product Introduction Aerospace Applications.
To include material, design tooling, gauging, fixturing, equipment and
WORK EXPERIENCE: (continued)
1999-2007 Dairy Conveyor Corporation
Brewster, NY AutoCAD 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, Inventor 5.3, 10.0, 11.0
Engineer, design conveyor systems for Dairy Industry.
To include all types of conveyor systems: Belt, Chain, slide, lug,
Roller, gravity and power types, in-floor and overhead.
1997-1999 National Engineering Services, Inc. Portsmouth, NH
General Electric Co. ED & C, New Product Introduction
Design Engineer-Tooling and Product
Manufacturing Engineer-Tooling and Product
Process Engineer-Tooling and Product
1994-1997 Apogee Design & Manufacturing, Meriden, CT
Consulting Firm specializing Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality.
Consultant-All phases of manufacturing, process, and quality
Engineering AutoCAD 2002, Inventor 5.3.
1992-1994 SALT Corporation, Hartford, CT
Abrasive Coatings, aerospace and industrial applications.
Quality Manger-implementation of quality, engineering, process standards and practices to exceed both 45208 and 9858A.
1989-1992 Melannco International, LTD, Chelsea, MA
Manufacturer of consumer goods.
Director of Operations-Responsible for day to day operations of
Manufacturing, engineering, production and quality.
1983-1989 Bachan Aerospace, Inc. Middleton, MA
Sub-contactor of aerospace products.
Production & Inventory control manager-Design and Implementation of MRP system.
Plant Manager -Responsible for Engineering, Manufacturing and production of 7 million dollar aerospace facility.
1981-1983 Avco/Lycoming Stratford, CT
Main contractor to U.S. Government.
Unit Manager Manufacturing-Responsible for a three shift operation, manufacturing rotating parts.
Implementation of “Unit Concept”.
1979-1981 Hitchiner Manufacturing Co. Milford NH, O’fallon MO, Wallingford CT
Investment castings for aerospace, industrial, and medical industries.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer-responsible for tooling and process, at all three facilities.
1968-1979 General Electric Co. Aircraft Engine Group
Main contractor U.S. Government Aerospace Applications
Manager Process Engineering-supervised seven process engineers
In all aspects of aerospace processes.
EDUCATION and DEVELOPMENT
AS Degree, Mechanical Engineering, Wentworth Institute, Boston MA
On going education through classes and seminars in various manufacturing and engineering related disciplines. Military Service: U.S. Navy Submarine Corps