HASSAN SAID I WWW.HASSANSAID.COM
O B J E C T I V E
to be a motion picture director and producer
E D UC A T I O N
2005 – 2009 / Academy Of Art University - San Francisco, California
B.F.A: Motion Picture and Television/Major: (Directing), Minor: (screenwriting).
SE L E C T E D W O R K H I S T O R Y
Present / HIS (www.HassanSaid.com)
An Independent production founded by Hassan Said that specializes in film, commercials and music video productions. From writing, to producing to directing to editing. Over ten short films that received accolades, screenings in the US and abroad.
2010 – current / COMMERCIAL ADVERTISMENTS
w/ Biscuit Filmworks , MJZ, @Radical Media, Harvest.
Staff Key PA – 1st Team. On set production assistant, for the production supervisor and Assistant director staff. Clients: Kia, At&t, verizon, old spice, hp, sony, monster, Chevy, Pepsi, Direct Tv, etc.
2009 / NBC Universal – “TRAUMA”
Staff PA – Various. On set production assistant, for the Assistant Director’s department. Show Created by Dario Scardapane.
2008 / 5 Stick Films - “LA MISSION”
Staff PA – 1st Team. On set production assistant, for the Assistant Directors department, on the set of the independent film LA MISSION. Produced by Benjamin Bratt, Written & Directed by Peter Bratt.
2008 / Focus Features - “MILK”
Staff PA- BG Helper/Base Camp. On set production assistant, for the Assistant Directors department, on the set of the Academy Award winning film MILK. Written by Dustin Lance Black, Directed by Gus Van Sant.
2010 Independent Media Inc.
Editing directors and cinematographers reel. Managing the vault, and creating dvds, dubbing, media managing, capturing. Clients include: Wally Pfister, Janusz Kaminski, Ben Affleck, Mark Forester, Brad Anderson.
2008 – 2010 / Goodby, Silverstein and Partners
Started as an intern position at the established advertising agency. My work evolved and expanded in various aspects of post-production: editing, assistant editing, shooting, gaffing, producing, directing and dubbing. Clients include: NBA, Sprint, Haagen Dazs, HP, Adobe, Yahoo, Comcast, Doritos, Kayak, Hyundai, and Chevrolet.
2011 / Short Film - “LA Coffin School
First assistant director on the chinese/American award winning short.
2011 / Amerigo Film - “Cisco” commercials
Worked with producer Michael Black and director Luca Costa to create three Cisco
2008 / Christopher Coppola’s PAH*Nation
Participated as a Film Coach for Christopher Coppola’s art festival. PAH-FEST is a groundbreaking digital media festival that celebrates the stories and voices of everyday people. Through a variety of fun and exciting contests, local participants are invited to create their own short digital films with pro-sumer cameras and video- enabled mobile phones provided by the Festival. Experienced industry “coaches” helps festival participants realize their vision within the allotted timeframe.
2007 – 2008 / Etypical
Assistant director on music videos by indie bands HIT THE LIGHTS and SET YOUR GOALS. Produced by TJ Kearny, Directed by Adam Patch.
2008 / Hiephorant Media, Inc – “VIOLENT JAKE”
Brought on as Unit Production Manager for the web series VIOLENT JAKE. The series Media, Inc. where !his short film series, Violent Jake, was an official selection at the 3rd Annual !Independent Television Festival in Los Angeles. Created by Samuel O. Smith.
• ALAMBAMENTO: International distribution through Shorts International and TV5 Afrique.
• ALAMBAMENTO: Winner of Best Short film at Luanda International Film Festival
• IT’S A STRANGE WORLD: Winner of Silver Palm award at Mexico International Film Festival.
• MUTE: Winner of the German Independence Award at Oldenburg International Film Festival. • MUTE: Winner of Best Editing at The Big Easy Film Festival
• MUTE: Winner at Accolade Film Awards: Award of Merit for Best Short Film, & Direction.
• BITCH: Winner at the AVA awards: Achievement in Cinematography.
• INFAMY: Winner at Epidemic Film Festival: Best Experimental Film.
• 10th Annual Middle Eastern Heritage Celebration (2010). INFAMY Film screening. San Jose City College - San Jose, California
• Los Angeles Arts District Winterfest Film exhibition (2010) of Infamy and It’s A Strange World.
• Cultural Encounters:, A Night of Egyptian Art and Culture (2009). Photography exhibition /IT’S A STRANGE WORLD premiere. de Young Museum - San Francisco, California.
• Edith Coliver International House Festival of Cultures (2009). Photography exhibition. Berkley University – Berkley, California.
• Egyptian Cultural Day, SFSU International Educational Week (2008). Photo exhibit and film screenings. San Francisco State University - San Francisco, California.
SK I L L SE T
• Final Cut Pro Studio: Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro. Color, Livetype, Soundtrack Pro • Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, iIlustrator, Image Ready, Light Room, After Effects, Premiere, InDesign, Dreamweaver • Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Entourage • Avid Xpress Pro & Media Composer • Pro Tools • File Maker Pro • Snapz Pro • MPEGStreamClip • Final Draft • Celltx • Sony Sound Forge/Vegas • REDCine
• Arri Cameras: 35II, 35IIc, 35III, BLIII, BLIV, S, SR, SR2,• Aaton super 16 • Bolex • Kinoflex • Kransnagor K3 • Canon: GL2, XL2, 5D, 7D. 20D, 30D, 40D • Nikon: D50, D90
• Panasonic: DVX, HVX, HPX • Sony: EX1, EX3 • RED On