Summary of Skills/Qualifications
· 10 years experience as a medical transcriptionist.
· Deep knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and the various medical specialties as required in areas of responsibility.
· Strong ability to operate designated word processing and other software, and equipment including DSS Olympus AS-2400 transcription kit.
· Great attention to accuracy and detail in producing and editing finished work with excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination.
· Uncommon ability to understand diverse accents, dialects and varying dictation styles.
· Thorough knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and ability to use reference and research materials.
· 10+ years experience of customer service by phone and in person with strong ability to work and communicate in a positive and cooperative manner.
Gashland Clinic/Meritas Corporation, Kansas City, MO
September 2003 to August 2012
Page 2 Beverly Summers Bevdan1987@gmail.com
· Transcribed and edited recorded physician voice files including history and physical exams, laboratory reports, preop and admitting history and physicals, operative reports, physician letters and notes, and x-ray reports.
· Verified accuracy of patient information such as name spelling and identification numbers. Verified accuracy of transcription for correct punctuation, grammar and spelling.
· Maintained log of files transcribed and followed up on physicians’ missing and late dictations.
· Ensured confidentiality and followed HIPAA instructions.
Education and Professional Training
Certificate from Review of Systems School of Medical Transcription,
Utilizing the SUM (Systems Unit Method) Program
Jennifer Martin, Director
Additional Work Experience
Airborne Express Air Freight Corporation/DHL Worldwide
Kansas City, MO
1984 to 2003
Lead Operations Agent/Customer Service Agent
· Oversaw inbound and outbound freight operations, aircraft arrival and departure information input.
· Tracked and reported to customers status of large volume shipments, monitored guaranteed delivery times.
· Engaged in resolving delivery and pickup driver issues.
· Resolved customer issues in person, over the phone and via computer.
· Trained personnel in customer service.