OBJETIVE: Seeking a position as a data entry assistant a department that rewards positive results.
EDUCATION: LaGuardia Community College Long Island City, NY
Major: Computer Programming
• Have completed 53 credits towards an Associate in Applied Science Degree.
• Relevant courses: Introduction to Computers and their Applications, Introduction to Visual Programming, Systems Analysis and Design, Introduction to Desktop Publisher and Comparative Operative Systems.
H.S. Diploma, 2000
• William Cullen Bryant H.S. Long Island City, NY
• Maintained schedules and appointment calendars for office staff.
• Placed orders for office supplies, equipment, and services.
• Supported management and staff and assisted with major projects.
• Resolved accounting issues regarding invoicing.
• Performed daily clerical functions: phones, typing, filing, and customer service.
• Software: All Windows operating systems, Microsoft Word, Excel.
EXPERIENCE: Business One Wireless Astoria, NY
03/06-Present: Office Assistant
• Greet customers, respond to customers’ inquiries.
• Enter data, operate computers and organize files.
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
• Multi-skills, qualified typist, perform a variety of secretarial and Administrative clerical services for an assigned function.
• Receive telephone calls; give routine and non-routine information, answer questions and direct calls and visitors to appropriate person or office.
• Receive and control mail and suspense items, routing them directly to the appropriate person or office for action.
• Prepare and type a variety of correspondence, reports, forms, requisitions, requests for personnel actions and legal documents etc., using word processor or personal computer.
• Organize and maintain files, records, manuals, handbooks, and other related materials.
• Information on office functions to subordinate clerical staff and managers.
10/02-05/04: Podiatry Skillman Ave., NY
Front Desk Receptionist
• Entered data, fax documents and scanned documents.
• Responded patients’ inquiries and scheduled appointments.
• Typed correspondence and provided general office support.
• Organized files, answered calls and took messages.
SKILLS: Type 60 wpm Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), Introduction Desktop Publisher, Internet Explorer 9.0, E-mail protocols, Research, installation of hardware and software’s upgrade.
LANGUAGES: Bengali, English, Hindi and Urdu.