MAUREEN E. SIMMONS
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York 8/2013 to Present
Internal Communications Associate, Writer and Editor
• Write, edit, and post daily feature stories and news on Bank’s intranet site, reaching more than 3,200 employees.
• Support Content Management team with developing story ideas and weekly pipeline schedule for intranet articles.
• Organize, help to write, and edit news and announcements for The Daily Fed, the Bank’s daily electronic newsletter.
• Contribute variety of articles to The Fed Magazine, covering Bank history, employees, and retirees.
Ernst & Young, New York 9/2012 to 8/2013
Internal Communications, Financial Services Office (FSO)
• Developed internal communication materials to help communicate key messages to 6,500 Americas FSO employees, broadcasting the group’s vision, strategies, priorities, services, markets, people matters, and performance.
• Created, developed, and managed schedule for multiple projects including internal events, such as the New England Region Road Show for 400 professionals and FSO Leadership Offsite, and activities such as the introduction of an employee portal and launch of a multi-media culture campaign around People, Teaming, and Winning.
• Oversaw EY’s Women’s Bond Club Rising Star Program including management of recognition events, project timeline, and development of senior-leadership and candidate communications.
• Drafted and executed employee communications via a variety of channels including webcasts, videos, speeches, meetings, e-mails, daily news alerts, weekly wins, bulletins, Intranets, and voicemails from senior leadership.
Credit Suisse AG, Information Technology, Americas Region, New York 8/2008 to 8/2012
Internal Communications and Business Management
• Published bi-weekly newsletter for 3,000 IT Americas Region staff, featuring CIO messages, IT’s collaboration with the business, philanthropic activities, strategic initiatives, and employee-engagement events.
• Developed internal communications for participation in employee engagement survey to ensure high response rate.
• Wrote and distributed internal communications targeted to IT staff in North and South America.
• Drafted talking points, video scripts, web content, and organizational communications for CIO.
• Managed logistics, agenda, budget, and communications for two annual management onsite meetings, two annual CIO Leadership Conferences, Monthly Lunch & Learn Series, quarterly Town Halls, and engagement events.
• Co-led Employee Recognition Committee that developed first peer-to-peer employee recognition program where activities include communications, video, website, and annual ceremony (launched June 2010).
• Created voicemail broadcasts, communications, and timelines for town halls, Promotions Celebration, recognition program, IT Expo, internal mobility, and new-hire training.
Citibank Commercial Banking, New York 1/2005 to 6/2008
Internal Communications Manager
• Served as Citi’s 2008 March of Dimes National Communications Chair; redesigned employee-donation website, created Captains’ Guide; developed Silent Auction website – campaign raised $4.1MM in 2008.
• Researched topics, wrote articles, and distributed monthly electronic newsletter for 4,000 employees.
• Provided content updates and editorial oversight to intranet, updated homepage news and events, and served as training contact for 50+ content submitters within the business.
• Built cross-business and cross-functional relationships to identify business wins and updates on initiatives for employee newsletter, intranet features, CEO communications, and leadership meetings.
• Wrote organizational announcements, CEO messages, talking points, video scripts, policy materials, and press releases.
• Implemented communications to increase employee knowledge of and participation in efforts such as Citi’s Voice of the Employee Satisfaction Survey, March of Dimes, and Citi Global Community Day.
Citi Cards, Melville, New York 2002 to 1/2005
Employee Site Communications Manager
• Developed and implemented communications for 800+ employee call center including cascading of Citi Cards communications to sales floor and all messages from Site President and Human Resources Director.
• Served as Site Public Affairs Officer and contact for internal and external information and updates to Citi Cards Communications and local community relations outlets (power outages, security issues).
• Wrote weekly feature stories for Citi Cards Global Employee Portal and articles highlighting employees for Citi Today, Citigroup World, and the Successway Sales News.
• Created appealing messages for Citi Cards Communication Network (CCN) at Melville Call Center – one of 50 sites with CCN electronic TV broadcast system to bring external and Citi communications directly to site employees.
• Managed community service and volunteer activities including $20M corporate contributions portfolio and on- and off-site fundraising and public relations events for national and local nonprofits.
• Managed National Citi Stars Employee Recognition Program and encouraged staff to nominate colleagues for consistently going above and beyond scope of their job to support others and business goals.
Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 9/1997 to 2002
Employee Communications Specialist
• Wrote and facilitated design of four hospital publications for 10,000 employees: The Monitor; Physicians (24-page highlighting specific conditions and treatments); The Medical Bulletin, and The Child Health Times.
• Interviewed clinical chairs, surgeons, patients, employees, and families of patients to develop exemplary feature stories that highlighted medical advances and the care and treatment of all staff.
• Created and executed strategic communication and marketing plans to increase staff and volunteer awareness and participation in hospital and community programs including health and career fairs and fundraisers.
• Conceptualized, organized, and wrote copy for final 35-page interactive website for The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore that is easily accessible and understandable by diverse bilingual patient/family population.
• Managed United Way Campaign for four hospital campuses, raising more than $120,000 annually from 10% of employees and achieving top ranking in 2000 among New York hospitals.
• Single-handedly organized two annual 1,000-employee events within $200,000 budget (25-Year Club Dinner Dance and Service Recognition Awards) and plan and promote volunteer recognition activities.
Iona College, New Rochelle, New York 1996 to 1997
Director of Marketing, MBA Program
• Researched news and wrote The Hagan Report, newsletter for 13,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
• Created and implemented advertising and direct mail campaigns that increased attendance at Open Houses.
• Supervised marketing activities of staff including follow-up calls, mailings, and prospect database.
MBA, Marketing, Iona College, Magna *** Laude, Honors Distinction
BA, Psychology, Minor: Business Administration
State University of New York at Albany, Magna *** Laude