Greenlife Grocery · 70 Merrimon Avenue · Asheville, NC 28801
Front-end Customer Service and Cashier 11/2011-10/2013
• Delivered high quality customer service throughout each transaction in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere.
• Achieved top 1% in both accuracy and efficiency.
• Trained new day shift cashiers in all aspects of customer service and cash handling with a 100% retention rate of trainees after end of training period.
• Assisted other departments when needed, including meat & seafood, produce, and grocery.
• Drove sales by informing customers about new and sale products.
Exxon · 51 Merrimon Avenue · Asheville, NC 28801
Night Clerk and Security 01/2011-04/2012
• Maintained accuracy while ensuring quality service and positive customer interactions in intense, fast paced environment.
• Trained new hires to be efficient, accurate, and customer oriented.
• Kept store stocked and clean.
• Ensured the security of the store, premises, and restaurant next door through video, audio, and personal surveillance, intervening and bringing to an end any suspicious, threatening, or illegal activities.
Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies ·Bab al-Louk, Cairo, Egypt
Research Assistant and Trainer on International Organizations 03/2010-10/2010
• Collated data on human rights abuses by the state.
• Wrote reports illustrating abuse.
• Contributed to CIHRS’ annual regional report “On the State of Human Rights in the Arab Region”.
• Wrote legal briefs representing CIHRS’ views to the UNHRC.
• Trained representatives from local NGOs on legal framework for gaining observer status with the United Nations Human Rights Council and other international and regional organizations.
UNCA Political Science Department · One University Heights · Asheville, NC 28801
Department Research Assistant 05/2009-12/2010
• Gathered and organized data on human rights abuses in each state.
• Graded states on human and political rights enforcement with regards to the Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
• Added data and grades to the Political Terror Scale website.
• Researched and wrote biographies of 45 former refugees for the book “The Global Refugee Crisis”.
• Collated data on refugee numbers to and from each state and created appropriate graphs and images for the book “The Global Refugee Crisis”.
• Read and wrote outlines and reviews for nine international law textbooks to assist department professors in making the best choice for their classes.
• Handled event logistics for the department.
• Organized department attendance at conferences 4/2010 and 11/2010 on the United Nations in Washington, D.C. and Atlanta, GA.
University of North Carolina Asheville
B.A. Political Science and B.A. Classics 12/2009