I have previous proof reading experience. I was a proof reader for the L.A. Times Mirror Press. I was an Editor for Law Review at the Law School I attended. Below is my resume:
PETER VAN BRUNT, J.D.
678.318.1912 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAREER SYNOPSIS: An expert C-level operations officer, with successful history of bottom line responsibility in multiple industry and entrepreneurial environments, including national and international markets—corporate development, marketing, product financing, structured corporate finance, capital market finance and restructuring, distribution and sales; a highly skilled strategic planner, manager and negotiator, with specialized education and expertise in contract, regulatory and compliance issues.
Company: Payment Solutions Group Inc.
Company’s Business: Business Consulting. This company specializes in developing business, financial and marketing solutions for clients.
• Advising and counseling businesses with respect to solutions for restructuring business entities or operations in order to capture financing.
• Management of restructuring the Capital Market for Public Companies.
• Management and Development of Business Plans and Marketing Strategies for corporate and entrepreneurial
• Assuring management strategies for the successful completion and financing of mergers or acquisitions.
Company: Call-Solutions, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
Capacity: Chief Executive Officer and President
Company's Business: A Publicly-Traded Company Specializing In Establishing Call Centers Throughout The World
Tenure: 1996 to 2001
• Managed corporate and operational activities of the company;
• Generated revenue
• Establishing and managed budgets,
• Managed the interface and strategic dealings with Investment Bankers, SEC Attorneys, Litigation Counsel, Auditors, Accountants, TelCom Experts, General Contractors, Architects and MIS Experts.
• Generated over $100 million dollars in Purchase Orders in Telemarketing work for the company's call centers.
• Initiated offers from two of the country's leading Empowerment Zones for over $4,000,000 in debt financing.
Company: Mandingo/Motown Publishing, Beverly Hills, California
Company's Business: Interactive Software Development and Publishing Company
Tenure: 1994 to 1996
• Designed and implemented a national and international sales campaign for Super Nintendo Software products;
• Managed the production and design of Super Nintendo video games products;
• Expanded company's third party publisher's licensing to various top recording artists, whose images appeared on video games products and advertising;
• Directed the design and implementation, distribution and marketing of products; including sales and marketing presentations; the Consumer Electronics shows in Las Vegas and Chicago; and the production of TV commercials and other media spots;
• Directed and managed importing finished video game product from Japan to the US.
Company: ADPIC ( African Development Public Investment Corporation), Los Angeles, California
Capacity: Senior Vice President
Company's Business: International Trade between US and Various Countries in Africa
Tenure: 1986 to 1995
• Managed and implemented company's trade and acquisitions operations;
• Established international banking relationships
• Drafted and negotiated of complex business and financial agreements; Started several very successful international businesses for company, including a Crude Oil Export business, a Diamond and Precious Metal Export business, as well as an Aircraft Leasing business.
• Designed and managed implementation of the Sales and Marketing plans of these international commodities in capital markets.
• Lead business team participant traveling in the delegation on the historical "Sojourn for Truth" tour of Angola, Botswana, Congo, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Nigeria in 1996.
• Business and corporate member of the first Congressional Black Caucus delegation to be seated at the Heads of State Conference of the AOU (Organization for African Unity).
Company: SOLAR (Sound of Los Angeles Records), Hollywood, California
Capacity: Senior Vice President and Assistant General Counsel
Company's Business: Record Company
Tenure: 1980 to 1992
• Managed business affairs for the label including custom label agreements and manufacturing and pressing agreements with Elektra Records, RCA/BMG Records, EMI/Capitol/CEMA, and Sony Records.
• Managed and directed launching numerous multi-platinum artist and producers including Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds, LA Reid, Jimmy and Terry, Leon Sylvers, The Whispers, Shalamar, Midnight Star, Lakeside, Klymaxx.
• Managed, directed and implemented contract administration marketing and distribution of products;
• Drafted and negotiated artist agreements, and sub-publishing in distribution markets.
• Directed and managed developing and implementing international marketing and distribution plan for the company's record master catalogue.
• Negotiated and managed licensing agreements for distribution of the company's catalogue in foreign territories including the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Benelux, Spain, South America, Central America and Canada.
• Managed company operations at MIDEM, a music industry expo held at the Cannes Film Festival held annually in France.
• Managed and administered the company's music publishing entities, Spectrum VII/Hip Trip Music, which were ultimately sold to Sony Tree Music Publishing Company.
Company: Manning,Reynolds & Roberts, Beverly Hills, California
Company's Business: Entertainment, International, Corporate Law Firm
Tenure: 1978 to 1980
Worked as an Associate handling transactional matters and negotiations for Corporate and Entertainment clients, including Southern California Rapid Transit District, the President of Gabon, and Associated Booking Company.
J.D. Law Review - Statutory Digest Editor, UNIVERSITY OF LAVERNE, School of Law, 1978
Institute on International & Comparative Law, MERTON COLLEGE OXFORD, ENGLAND,1977 UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO, School Of Law
B.A. Political Science, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, 1975
Guest Speaker: Career & Entrepreneurial Opportunities in the Music Business
Los Angeles Educational Partnership (LAEP) 1987 - 1989
Guest Speaker: Diversity in Capital Markets
New York Society of Security Analyst (NYSSA) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001
RIAA LEGAL COMMITTEE, (Recording Industry Associates of America) 1988 - 1994
BESLA (Black Entertainment Sports Law Association) 1982 - 1996