Cynthia Carris Alonso
310 West 85th St. #8C
New York, NY 10024
April 2007 to Present FREELANCE – Photo Solutions, NYC
• Photo Editing, Research & Photography
Clients include: ABCnews.com, Protomag.com, Time Inc. custom publishing, W.W. Norton & Company, Random House, Chase Bank, Fortune Small Business magazine, AT&T, Hollywoodlife.com, Time.com, and others. Photo edit, research, optimize images for web usage, negotiate rights, track usage, manage and archive imagery in data management system.
• Photography on assignment of weddings, street scenes, landscapes, concerts, parties, families, kids, couples and pets.
• Photographing Cuban culture for various publications, such as Newsweek, Business Week and music recording companies with an exhibition called, “Cuba Vista,” currently showing in NYC.
September 2004 to April 2007 SENIOR PHOTO EDITOR–Adweek Magazine
• Assign, research and edit all photos
• Prepare all photos in Photoshop for press
• Manage photo budget
• Supervise department and freelance assistants
May 2000 to January 2002 ASSOCIATE PHOTO EDITOR-Business Week
Assign, research and edit photos for the news section
November 1992 to May 2000 PHOTO EDITOR-Newsweek Interactive
• Photo Editor for Newsweek’s web site: Research, edit, scan and prepare all photos
• Conceive and design templates for photo essays
• Photo Editor for all Newsweek interactive CD-ROMs
Nov 1988 to Nov 1992 SENIOR PHOTO RESEARCHER–Newsweek Magazine
Photo Research for Newsweek’s National Affairs
January 1986 to October 1987 PHOTOGRAPHER - PHOTO ASSISTANT-Vanity Fair
Certificate in Multimedia Design and Production
New York University Continuing Education, NY
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
BA in Political Science, Philosophy and Photography
COMPUTER SKILLS: Photoshop, Word, Excel, Photo Mechanic