GERALD L. STOCKTON
800 Wesley Circle
Apopka Fl 32703
Proficient with Apple Mac and Logic as work station; experienced in MIDI as well as live orchestration utilizing brass, woodwinds, strings and rhythm section. I am also a skilled bass player and drummer.
I came to the U.S.A. from South Africa in 1979 after having been accepted into the Jazz Studies course with a major in arranging at the University of North Texas, Denton, Texas. I was awarded two arranging scholarships in 1981 and 1982. I became a U.S. citizen in 1986 and began a highly successful career in music. I am an honest and hardworking person with exceptional inter-personal skills. I also pride myself on my excellent written and verbal communication skills. I am self-motivated and work very well alone or with others.
? 2003 – present
The Axcess Group, Dallas, TX
• I am currently in-house music director at the Axcess Group in Dallas, TX.
• I write and produce music for T.V. and radio commercials, industrial films and broadcast music of all types.
? 2001 – 2002
Freelance work in and around Dallas area, (Steve Arnold Productions)
• During my freelance years, I wrote sports and news bumpers for CNN and many other news channels across America.
• I ran a very successful gig band throughout my professional career.
? 1990 – 2000
TM Communications, Dallas, TX
• Started working for TM in a full-time position under the legendary Tom Merriman, as an in-house composer and producer.
• Composed many library tracks for international markets as well as hundreds of T.V. commercials, radio IDs and music for numerous corporate shows and events around the U.S.
? 1985 – 1989
Andy Williams World Tour
• After graduation from UNT, I embarked on a world tour with Andy Williams playing bass.
? 1981 – 1984 University of North Texas, Denton, TX
• I auditioned and was chosen to play bass in the world renowned One o’clock Lab Band at UNT and can be heard on the Lab ’82 album.
• Had one of my big band arrangements featured on the same album.
• Taught music at Cedar Valley Community College, Lancaster, TX
• Graduated with Honors with a Bachelor’s Degree in Jazz Studies/Arranging.
• I can be seen on a U Tube video playing bass at a live concert with arguably one of the world’s greatest saxophone players, Michael Brecker, during my years at college.
? 1975 -1980
• I played in various clubs and became a much sought-after studio session drummer,
bass player and trombone player.
• I toured Europe with a rock/jazz band for about three years.
? 1972 – 1974 South Africa
• I spent two years in the military playing and writing charts for the Stage Band. Previous to that, I graduated from Kroonstad High School in South Africa where I played professional gigs throughout my High School years.
• Phil Kelly: Composer/Arranger (written charts for Tonight Show with Doc Severenson)
Tel: 360 547 5541
• Stephen Arnold (Stephen Arnold Productions)
• Bud Guin
• Mike Drake