135 South Main Ave
Dickinson ND 58601
August 16, 2013
To Whom It May Concern:
I possess an array of experience across various industries that when combined define me as a well-rounded candidate with a holistic approach to company development. Moreover, the ability to work in more than one company within a short timeframe has allowed me to adapt to different working cultures amongst more definitive skills listed below:
• Office Assistant Skills Such As Computer Programing and Troubleshooting as well as Invoicing and Accounting.
• Auditing and Customer Service Skills as well as Telephone Skills
• Office and Restaurant Management Skills such as Inventory, Ordering, Payroll, and keeping up with company policies and procedures.
What has become apparent to me recently is that I have decided to devote all my efforts into this sector as I know this is where my key skills can be applied for the greatest effect and it is also the area I hold most interest. It would be fantastic to speak with you further about my credentials to assist your company with your objectives. I have attached my resume for your consideration as well as a few letters of recommendation and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
April Carlson- Crowe
135 SOUTH MAIN AVE
DICKINSON, NORTH DAKOTA, 58601, UNITED STATES
ISEMAN HOMES INC. DICKINSONNORTH DAKOTAUNITED STATES
Office Assistant December 2012 - Present
• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
• Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
• Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
• Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
• Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
• Complete work schedules, manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
• Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
• Deliver messages and run errands.
• Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
• Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
• Collect, count, and disburse money, do basic bookkeeping, and complete banking transactions.
• Troubleshoot problems involving office equipment, such as computer hardware and software.
• Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks.
• Process and prepare documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports.
• Make travel arrangements for office personnel.
• Train other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications.
• Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and record and transcribe minutes.
• Count, weight, measure, or organize materials.
QUALITY INN DICKINSON NORTH DAKOTA UNITED STATES
Night Auditor June 2011 - December 2012
• Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels.
• Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
• Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
• Make and confirm reservations.
• Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
• Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
• Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
• Post charges, such those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
• Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
• Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
• Review accounts and charges with guests during the check-out process.
• Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
• Arrange tours, taxis, or restaurant reservations for customers.
• Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and watering plants.
• Prepare for basic food service, such as setting up continental breakfast or coffee and tea supplies.
• Plan, schedule or supervise the work of other employees.
• Date-stamp, sort, and rack incoming mail and messages.
REMCO SOFTWARE INC.DICKINSON NORTH DAKOTA UNITED STATES
Head of La Quinta Software Technicians August 2008 - May 2011
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
• Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
• Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Train users to use new or modified equipment.
• Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
• Determine system performance standards.
• Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
• Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
• Code documents according to company procedures.
• Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
• Perform personal bookkeeping services.
• Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
• Calculate and prepare checks for utilities, taxes, and other payments.
• Compute deductions for income and social security taxes.
BODDIE NOELL ENTERPRISES KINSTON NORTH CAROLINA UNITED STATES
Shift Manager April 2003 - August 2008
• Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
• Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
• Count money and make bank deposits.
• Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
• Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
• Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
• Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
• Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
• Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
• Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
• Perform some food preparation or service tasks such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
• Plan menus and food utilization based on anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs.
• Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
• Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance in dining and lodging facilities.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Assess staffing needs, and recruit staff using methods such as newspaper advertisements or attendance at job fairs.
• Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
• Record the number, type, and cost of items sold to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
• Monitor employee and patron activities to ensure liquor regulations are obeyed.
• Greet guests, escort them to their seats, and present them with menus and wine lists.
• Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
• Establish and enforce nutritional standards for dining establishments based on accepted industry standards.
• Create specialty dishes and develop recipes to be used in dining facilities.
• Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
CAPELLA UNIVERSITYMINNIAPOLISMINNESOTAUNITED STATES
B.S. Psychology Candidate, Dec 2016
FULL SAIL UNIVERSITYORLANDOFLORIDAUNITED STATES
Completed coursework towards Video Game Design & Animation, Mar 2012
AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY SYSTEMSCHARLESTON WEST VIRGINIAUNITED STATES
Completed coursework towards B.S. Psychology, May 2013
• Proficiency with computers
• Phone Skills
• Customer Service Skills
• People Skills
• Exceptional work ethic
• Hard working
• Quick learner
• Knowledge of Computers and Software
• Knowledge of Pin Yin and Chinese Culture
• Knowledge of Hispanic Culture and the Spanish Language.
• Knowledge of Psychology and Psychology related studies.
• Research Knowledge
July 17, 2013
To Whom it May Concern:
I have known April Crowe in a variety of capacities for many years. She has been my daughter's tutor for the past several years. In addition, she is an office assistant at the company we purchased our home from.
April is organized, efficient, extremely competent, and has an excellent rapport with people of all ages. Her communication skills, both written and verbal, are excellent.
In summary, I highly recommend April for any position or endeavor that she may seek to pursue. She will be a valuable asset for any organization.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
To Whom It May Concern,
I am writing to you regarding April Crowe. I have known April personally for over ten years, and have always known her to be an organized, responsible, and easy going individual. I believe that her skills and experience make her an excellent candidate for your organization.
During the time I have known her, April has been active in our community, serving on the Library Board, the Historical Society. Her contributions included acting as Secretary of the Library Board, and heading the Historical Society's Annual Fund Drive.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by phone or email.
To Whom it May Concern:
Over the past few months I have had the great pleasure to discover April Crowe’s many talents as a writer and as a student. In my writing class, I have witnessed April Crowe get excellent grades on each assignment. April brings with her a positive attitude as she welcomes each challenge as a chance to grow and learn. In my class, she has greatly improved her writing skills in paragraph, grammar and essay development.
Given these experiences and qualities, it is very clear to me that April has excellent written and verbal communication skills. She is extremely organized, reliable and computer literate. April can work independently and is able to follow through to ensure that the job gets done. She accomplishes these tasks with great initiative. In conclusion, I would highly recommend April Crowe for this academic program. If her performance in my class is any indication of how she will succeed, April will be a positive addition to any program.