Graphic Designer and Consultant, Contractor, Washington Metro Area Mar 08–Present
Consulted with clients and designed graphics to meet their proposal, graphics, and presentation needs. Clients include Booz Allen Hamilton, CSC, Orbital, and GAMA International.
• As lead designer, art directed and managed the production cycle of proposal graphics
• Designed winning proposal graphics, including conceptual illustrations, charts, CD covers and labels, and proposal covers and spines
• Created presentations for conferences and orals presentations
• Designed posters, brochures, advertisements, and other printed media
• Designed graphics for web and e-mail
• Created and updated web content using content management systems (CMS) and HTML hand coding with CSS.
Desktop Publisher and Proposal Coordinator, Contractor, Washington Metro Area Mar 05–Jan 10
Supported a variety of clients throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area with a variety of publication services, including coordination, writing, editing, desktop publishing, and production. Clients included ICF Caliber, Booz Allen Hamilton, SAIC, Orbital, L3 Communications, Deloitte, and Pricewaterhouse Coopers.
• Designed and produced presentations for executives
• Coordinated the proposal lifecycle, including review oversight, document version control, and graphics tracking
• Edited proposals and other government solicitation responses and ensured compliance
• Drafted responses to government RFPs and other solicitations
• Provided desktop publishing services: formatting, design and application of styles, and layouts
• Designed and edited proposal graphics, including illustrations, charts, CD covers and labels, and covers and spines
• Provided proposal-related consulting services to clients such as proposal production, proposal review and quality check, and CD-ROM production.
Senior Technical Writer, Innovative Technology Application, Inc., Springfield, VA Jun 04–Feb 05
Worked directly with the proposal manager to develop responses to government procurement solicitations and support ITA business development through procurement research.
• Planned and coordinated proposal activities from kickoff through delivery
• Drafted templates and outlines for proposals and other government solicitation responses
• Drafted responses to government RFIs, RFQs, and Sources Sought
• Researched, developed, and drafted past performance and resume sections for proposals
• Edited proposals and other government solicitation responses
• Coordinated and managed subcontractor team members on proposal responses
• Researched and monitored procurement opportunities on INPUT, ePipeline, and FedBizOps
• Wrote reports on potential business opportunities for weekly bid/no bid meetings.
Proposal Specialist, THE CENTECH GROUP, Inc., Arlington, VA Mar 03–May 04
Supported CENTECH communications efforts in the functions of Proposal Specialist, Internet Procurement Administrator, and Newsletter Editor. Activities included proposal development and production, development of request for information and sources-sought documents, and briefing support.
• Edited proposals in accordance with GPO styles and ensured compliance with government RFP
• Researched and drafted past performance and resume sections of proposals
• Managed and coordinated the proposal review process
• Acted as proposal section captain, managing the contributions of other writers to the section
• Assisted in the physical production of proposals and other marketing materials (printing, binding, and packaging)
• Edited and rewrote corporate marketing materials and briefings
• Delivered proposals to customer sites within the Washington, DC metro area and CONUS.
Internet Procurement Administrator—Monitored federal procurement web sites (FedBizOps, INPUT, COMMITS, etc.) on a daily basis for postings related to current and upcoming business development opportunities, as well as relevant changes and modifications to proposals in development.
• Compiled daily research into a report disseminated to relevant business development personnel via e-mail
• Updated CENTECH’s business development database with new opportunities
• Performed other procurement research as necessary.
Newsletter Editor—Solicited submissions from CENTECH employees, edited submissions according to AP Style, wrote employee-relevant articles, laid out content, and published the newsletter fortnightly.
Executive Assistant, THE CENTECH GROUP, Inc., Arlington, VA Dec 02–Mar 03
Assisted the President and CEO in optimizing his productivity. Managed his workflow and assisted other executives, as necessary. Drafted executive correspondence and presentations. Managed the president’s schedule and travel itineraries. Liaised with corporate executives and associates of the president on his behalf. Provided proposal support as needed.
Account Manager, CreativeCORE, Washington, DC Feb 01–May 01
Developed new business prospects for the creative staffing branch of TeleSec CORESTAFF. Recruited and staffed qualified creatives on temporary and full-time jobs.
• Developed new prospects through cold calling and networking
• Wrote weekly reports detailing short term goals, accomplishments, and progress on various clients and prospects
• Negotiated bill rates and fee agreements with clients
• Updated and maintained a detailed, growing database of client information and interactions
• Screened applicants, reviewed portfolios, tested software competencies, and recruited the most qualified creatives.
Agent, Randstad Creative Talent, Washington, DC Jun 00–Dec 00
Screened, recruited, developed and represented creative talent in the fields of graphic and web design, print production, and copywriting. Placed creative talent on both temporary and permanent employment opportunities.
• Reviewed talent portfolios and interviewed potential talent using behavioral event interviewing techniques
• Advised talent on portfolio improvements, interviewing, and career goals
• Managed the placement process from scheduling interviews to hiring
• Developed new business through daily research and marketing efforts
• Met with clients, assessed their needs, matched them with the appropriate talent, and negotiated fees and salaries.
Web Graphics Specialist, Technology TEAM, Alexandria, VA Dec 99–May 00
Managed content and designed and implemented websites for in-house and client projects.
• Maintained federal intranet sites for NOAA and United States Postal Service Retail
• Wrote content, created graphics, and coded pages for the Madison Hotel and Embassy Suites BWI Airport sites.
Assistant Programming Manager, America Online Classifieds, Dulles, VA Oct 98–Jun 99
Managed crucial product elements for the launch of ClassifiedPlus, the web version of the AOL service classifieds. Supported business operations and creative needs of AOL Classifieds and ClassifiedPlus. Fostered better working relationships with advertising operations, account services, sales teams, and partners.
• Managed requests for new ad tracking numbers and investigated under-delivery problems for partners such as eBay
• Developed specs for eBay and SpringStreet ClassifiedPlus sponsorships and managed their implementation
• Tracked performance of classifieds areas and sites
• Scheduled transition of older advertisers going from legacy systems to web-compatible systems
• Performed competitive analysis to increase listings, improve traffic, and create sticky content
• Created presentations for pitches to partners such as eBay, Monster, and Century 21
• Coordinated the launch and management of ClassifiedPlus web bulletin boards.
Web Graphic Designer/Web Producer, Aquent Partners, Washington, DC Apr 97–Oct 98
Created designs, layouts, and copy for various clients in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments for both online and print media. Quickly ascertained client needs and managed expectations, supplying appropriate designs to their needs.
• As an Ad Design Specialist for Microsoft Sidewalk.com, interviewed a wide range of merchants, researched backgrounds, designed logos/banners, wrote compelling copy, took digital photographs, and created advertisements for the online medium, using a variety of tools such as MS FrontPage and Adobe Photoshop, for both the Boston and Washington, DC markets
• Managed, created, and edited web content for different clients, such as USA Weekend Magazine and the Optical Society of America.
Tech Producer, The AOL Greenhouse, Vienna, VA Mar 96–Mar 97
Designed and implemented pages with proprietary tools for the AOL service on both the Mac and PC for popular online areas Netnoir, Extreme Fans, and Passport to Love.
Engineer, Computer Systems Development Corporation, Chantilly, VA Sept 93–Mar 96
Supported NAVAIR PMA-260, PEO-CU, and NAVSEA Total Ship Test Programs, directly assisting program managers and working independently. Designed PowerPoint presentations for both internal and naval use. Assisted in proposal writing. Maintained and updated database of NAVAIR avionics and other aircraft parts.
Princeton University, BSE, Aerospace Engineering
Other: Advantage Consulting, Inc, Certificate of Completion for Basic Federal Proposal Management
Computer Skills: MS Office Suite; Adobe Creative Suite 5; HTML, Dreamweaver, CMS, ColdFusion Studio HTML Editor, BBEdit, FTP; Corel Painter, Manga Studio EX, Alias Sketchbook Pro; Maxon Cinema 4D, Maya. Proficient in both Mac and PC environments
Additional Skills: Traditional illustration and painting