TONY W. ALLEN
1943 FOUR IRON COURT – FERNLEY, NV 89408
PHONE (775)-250-0547 - E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.S. Business Administration; Project Management Grad, with 14 yrs. Experience in Substation,
Generation, Industrial, and Commercial Design; as Well as Client Relations, Team Leadership,
and Project/Construction Management Experience.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Motivated and Dedicated to Getting the Job Done Right; An Eye for Details.
• Courteous and Professional; A Team Player.
• Quick Learner.
• Able to Multitask.
• Good Communication Skills; Experience with Client Relations.
• Very Computer Literate.
• Comfortable and Capable of Safely Working in, and Around High/Low Voltage Systems.
• Familiar with Several Governing Codes and Standards. (I. E. NEC, NFPA, UL, OSHA).
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Business Administration; Project Management Degree (PMI-GAC) – B.S.
Colorado Technical University – Graduated June 2010
(Accredited by the Project Management Institute's Global Accreditation Center)
Colorado Technical University
• Basics of Accounting
• Management Essentials
• Business Fundamentals
• Organizational Systems Improvement
• Human Resource Development
• Project Management Specialist
• Project Planning
Electrical Engineering Technology; Power Degree (ABET) – A.A.S.
SUNY Canton, College of Technology - Graduated 1999
(Accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology)
Electrical Trades - Certificate
B.O.C.E.S. Trade School - Graduated 1997
OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety – Training Course
Advanced Online Solutions -Certificate of Completion 2009
Autodesk University – Training School
Autodesk University – Certificate of Completion 2007
Electrical Utility System Operation - Training Course
Professional Training Systems, Inc. (PTS) – Certificate of Completion 2007
Substation Electrical Engineering - Training Course
Sargent & Lundy Power Delivery Engineering Course (10 CEUs) – Certificate of Completion 2007
Adobe Professional •MS Works •Outlook • Excel • Word • PowerPoint • FrontPage • Access • ERP • Oracle • Meridian EDM • AutoCAD (to release 2013) • Raster Design • MAXIMO
NV Energy - (Las Vegas & Reno, NV) July 2006 – Present
Sr. Substation Electrical Design Technician
• Acted as Project Engineer for a Variety of Substation Electrical Designs (Attended Team Meetings, Updated Estimates, Ordered Materials, and Produced Design Drawings) for the Following:
- 138/12kv Substation Buildouts
- Transformer Bank Additions
- Capacitor Bank Additions
- Revenue Feeder Additions/Breaker Replacements
- Substation As-Built Drawings/Closeout
• Acted as Team Leader for Electrical Design Techs. Assigned Projects to Lower Level Techs, Maintained Project Status, Ensured Timely Closure of Tasks, and Coordinated Tasks with Other Disciplines/Team Members to Achieve Common Goals.
• Managed/Supported, and Created Procedures for All Substation Engineering Documents, and Maintained for the Department.
• Final Point of Contact for the Issuing & Distribution of All Substation Engineering Design Documents.
• Maintained/Updated All Substation Single-Line Diagrams, Including Substation Engineering Intranet Site.
New York Power Authority – (White Plains, NY) March 2004 – July 2006
• Produced Electrical Design Drawings of Various Complexitieswith Speed and Accuracy.
• Project Engineer/Manager of As-Built Tasks for All NYPA Generation Sites.
- Estimated Work Effort, and Created Budgets/Project IDs (Utilizing MAXIMO).
- Tracked, Logged, and Reported Task Schedule and Budget Status.
- CoordinatedWork Effort With All Disciplines.
- Ensured Tasks Were Completed Accurately, On Time, and Within Budget.
- Performed Site Inspections to Verify Actual Field Conditions.
• Provided Document Support for the Entire Generation Engineering Group.
• Final Point of Contact for the Issuing of Generation Design Documents.
Lowe, Gravelle & Associates Int'l Corp – (Massena, NY) January 2003 – October 2004
Intermediate Electrical Designer
• Lead Design/Drafted, and Foresaw Various Industrial Electrical/Instrumentation Projects.
• Project Liaison - Interacted/Communicated with Contractors, Clients, and Vendors on Various Levels.
• Updated, Checked, and Field Verified Industrial High/Low Voltage Power Distribution Drawings.
• Participated in/Performed High/Low Voltage Electrical Audits, and Created Assessment Reports.
• Contributed in Business Development, and the Development of Company Design/Drafting Standards.
Stearns & Wheler Engineers, LLC – (Cazenovia, NY) May 1999-January 2003
• Lead Design/Drafted, and Foresaw Various Municipal/Commercial Electrical/Instrumentation Projects.
• Served as Construction Manager for Multiple Projects, and Performed Various Electrical/Instrumentation Inspections.
• Designed and Implemented Standby/Emergency Power, Power Distribution, Communication/Telemetry, Lighting, Lightning Protection, Instrumentation, Fire Alarm, and SCADA Systems for Variety of Projects.
• Accurately Calculated Construction Estimates for Client Funding and Proposal Use.
• Prepared Technical Specifications, and Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
• Interacted/Communicated with Contractors, Clients, and Vendors on Various Levels.
Other Work Experience
• Manager – Harry & David Foods – (Central Valley/White Plains, NY) - 2004-2005 & 2006
• Resident/Flex Aide - East Side Manor Assisted Living Center – (Fayetteville, NY) - 2000-2001
• Customer Service Clerk - P&C Foods - (Massena and Potsdam, NY) - 1995-1999