Senior Apparel Design Professional with 15+ years experience in all phases of apparel/product/textile design and development. Proven history of producing designs and product with mass appeal and increased revenue. Experience leading teams and initiating solutions to problems, as well as training, motivating, and evaluating staff resulting in profitable growth and market expansion.
• U4ia (Euphoria) - Knits, Wovens, LectraSystems – Prostyle, Modaris,
Sketch, and Texture Mapping Primavision
• NedGraphics – Design, Repeat, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel,
Yarn Dyes, Texture Mapping Powerpoint (and Mac – Keynote)
• Adobe - Photoshop and Illustrator CS4 PC and Mac Platforms
• Demonstrated track record of elevating revenues and turning around slower brands.
• Men’s hunting apparel designs increased Mossy Oak license from $40K to over $1.5 million.
• Roper Private Label designs generated 150% seasonal growth.
• Designed #1 garment & #1 page spread at Playclothes Catalog with most personally created designs in the top 25% of catalog sales.
• Playclothes personal designs produced sales exceeding forecast on first day of release.
• Wonderland girls dress designs resulted in sales of 20,000 dozen to 8 national retailers.
• Designed trendy best seller “Natasha” high fashion baby doll.
• Hands-on knowledge of design influences with respect to esthetics, construction and profitability.
• A natural networker dedicated to building successful relationships with buyers and vendors.
• Creative, collaborative, deadline-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects at once.
Freelance Apparel/Textile Designer/CAD Artist, 2009- Present
• Design and development of Olympic Apparel for XP International
• Created custom products
• Translated selected art into repeats, re-colors, and mini-bodies for Children’s division of TJX
• Design and development of Missy Contemporary denim jeans for Hell on Heels™ brand
• Created custom products – fun and flirty bridal dresses and gowns, sexy corseted garments & costumes, Infant/children’s apparel, Men’s special occasion suits and dinner jackets, Missy – tops, coats/jackets, skirts, slacks, jeans, Drapery and other non-apparel items
• Shop market for trends - apparel, color and design awareness
Sr. Designer/Artist, Roper Apparel & Footwear, 2004-2009
Private Label – Mossy Oak – Realtree - Missy Private Label knits/wovens & Men’s branded knits/wovens
• Designed, conceptualized and executed silhouettes, fit and styling direction for color-stories,
storyboards, line sheets, artwork including yarn dyes (plaids), prints, embroideries, screen prints, other trims, and silhouettes on computer; with NedGraphics, Photoshop & Illustrator CAD programs
• Prepared and communicated color stories for Private Label programs for five national retailer.
• Managed fit sessions w/ models, merchandisers, and marketing ensuring correct silhouette and fit
• Provided detailed garment information on each style with recommendations for improvement to the product with respect to function and bottom line
• Partnered with merchandising to set seasonal framework and ensure creative ideas and business
goals were in alignment.
• Researched global, domestic and competitive markets identifying new trends, fabrics and technique for silhouettes and color stories
CAD Artist/ Designer, Kellwood Corporation, 2001-2004
David Dart – Democracy – Vintage Blue: Missy & Petite Designs
• Delivered, designed and presented conversational prints for knits and wovens fabrics, screen prints and embellishments utilizing U4ia (Euphoria) / Photoshop / Illustrator
• Designed garments, designed and created storyboards, for Missy dresses, coats, jackets and bottoms
• On-site photographer - photos for merchandising booklets, other promotional materials and layouts
Instructor/ Freelance Designer/ CAD Artist, 1998- 2001
• Delivered U4ia (Euphoria) training at the Art Institute of Hollywood.
• Designed trendy high fashion baby doll outfit “Natasha”, for The Susan Wakeen Doll Co., which became their best seller
• Developed relationship with Kellwood’s David Dart, Vintage Blue and Democracy lines while working on various projects which resulted in full time position
• Designed fun and creative Boys and Girls lines sized Toddlers and 4-7 for Greaten Corporation
• Started long term relationship with Roper Apparel designing Jr and Missy tops for Western market
Designer/Manager, Fulcrum Direct. 1996 -1998
Playclothes – Sears (Private Label program) – Storybook Heirlooms catalogs: Children’s Themed Apparel
• Designed and created colorful fun “themed” apparel for Infant thru 7-14 girls & boys, sportswear, dresses, separates & sets as well as mother/daughter & father/son matching garments
• Collaborated, seasonally, with merchandisers and buyers to plan catalog assortment
• Supervised pattern makers and sample sewers; up to 5 direct reports
ADDITIONAL CREDITS & CONTINUOUS LEARNING
NYC - Wonderland Fashions – “Where’s Alice?” girls dresses
K&R Sportswear – “Little Miss Jordache” dresses & sportswear
Kawalla - Private Label girls dresses
Baylis Brothers – “Polly Flinders” dresses & sportswear
LA - Little Filly including Tonka boys
Boston -TJ Maxx – Children’s Private Label prints
Parks College-Fashion Merchandising;
College of St Elizabeth- Microdynamics,
Open Networker-Facebook, LinkedIn
Academy of Art University - BFA Fashion Design - in progress
Art Institute Hollywood - AAS Fashion Design & CAD - U4ia (Euphoria) / Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator
PORTFOLIO - http://www.wix.com/99colors/michelleweisse