5471 S. Dorchester Avenue Telephone number 312-912-4783
Chicago, Illinois 60615 email:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
• Editor of Medical, Pharmaceutical and other technical translations. Medical Interpreter.
September 2006 – Present date in Chicago and Northern Illinois.
Acquired 4 years and 8 months of solid experience editing medical and pharmaceutical translations and other technical documents from English into Spanish becoming the leading Spanish editor at an important Translations office in Chicago
Spanish Medical Interpreter for Health Care Institutions and Manufacturers of Medical products and devices.
Spanish Interpreter for other industries and court rooms.
• Taught Spanish at the Instituto Cervantes of Chicago. 2006 - 2008
• English Teacher and Translator
1999 – 2006 Private practice Bogotá, Colombia
7 years of experience teaching all English levels at some of the premier language academies in Colombia. I also prepared students for the TOEFL exam.
Another field of professional practice was translating medical and pharmaceutical topics, business documents and other subjects, for both Institutions and individuals in Colombia.
• Auto parts Importer - Private Business Bogotá and Medellín, Colombia
• Representative of Colombian Exports Promotion Fund Tokyo, Japan
• Exports Deputy Manager - Marubeni Corporation Bogotá, Colombia
• International cargo sales Manager Bogotá, Colombia
• Imports Machinery Manager - Marubeni Corporation Bogotá, Colombia
• Vice Consul of Colombia Seoul, Republic of Korea
• Chancellor - Embassy of Colombia Taipei, Taiwan
Healthcare Language Services-HLS Chicago, Illinois
Certificate in Medical Interpreting, 60-hour course, May Session, 2011
National University of Colombia Bogotá, Colombia
Pharmaceutical Chemistry, 4- year studies certificate.
Universidad Jorge T. Lozano Bogotá, Colombia
International Relations & Diplomacy, 2-year studies certificate.
U.D.A. Bogotá, Colombia
International Commerce, 2-year studies certificate.
• Spanish: Native – Daily use
• English: Full command of the four language skills – Daily use
• Italian, French, Mandarin Chinese and Japanese: Basic level of proficiency.
• Proficiency with a variety of Windows-based applications, including the suite of Microsoft Office programs.