Summary of Qualification
• Experience in written communication, verbal communication, interpersonal communication, editing, project management, public relations, event planning, advertising, health insurance, healthcare industry and promotions
• Health campaign development, and direct patient care for people with disabilities that have chronic diseases, while meeting standards of Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
• Highly knowledgeable in quantitative and qualitative research relevant to health care industry and health campaigns
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Master of Arts in Health Communication March 2013
• Program dedicated to protect health and promote quality of life through proper health communications techniques by targeting underserved populations about health issues.
Bachelors of Arts in Communication and Media June 2011
Minor in Creative Writing
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Powerpoint, Blog sites: Word Press, Blogspot, and LiveJournal
Experienced in Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lotus Notes, Vistar, and Editing Software for Apple and Windows
Functional AP Style
Analytical information synthesis skills, Corporate event planning, patient-centered approach communication, time management, detailed-oriented , interpersonal communication, excels in fast-paced environment, customer service, sales, leadership, organizational communication, written communication, verbal communication, editing, health literacy, team player, self-motivated , diversity training, diversity audits, Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis, strategic planning, project management, and promotions
BlueCross and BlueShield of Illinois – Via Kelly Services October 2012- Present
• Organize and Categorize files ranging from 1991 to 2012
• Purge and scan files to increase efficiency in the department
• Obtain knowledge about provider enrollment process for PPO, BlueChoice, and Mutual Participation Agreements
• Support customer service team by maintain provider documents on Vistar database
• Obtain knowledge of statistical methodology, tools, databases
• Provide quality control and quality assurance for providers’ contracts and requests
• Document changes to provider’s profile
• Familiarity with business process design and aid the high-level business process design efforts with assistance of the stakeholders and end users
• Experience interacting with personnel of multiple departments and at various levels in the organization
SouthStar Services November 2011-August 2013
Community Living Specialist
Responsible for aiding individuals with disabilities in SouthStar Services’s community integrated residential program to reduce the impact of institutional living, and encourage the development of social, financial, vocational, and self medication skills. Participate in the development and implementation of residents’ habilitative plans including skills training, behavior, and intervention.
? Instrumental in decreasing emotional outburst in residents by utilizing behavior plans and early intervention.
? Increased visibility of SouthStar Service’s brand in the community by attending community events, and encouraging interactions between residents and community members.
? Strengthened partnerships with other not for profit organizations
• Advocated for the needs and wants of clients
• Assessed age appropriateness of activities for clients between ages of 18 years of age to 78 years of age
• Utilized problem-solving by assessing situation, and using actions that will calm the client down
• Participated in community outreach program to build awareness for people with disabilities
• Communicated with external and internal customers about the well-being of residents
Edelman January 2012- March 2012
• Conducted research on National Psoriasis Month and for fact sheets
• Utilized Google search and Google alerts to check Abbott HUMIRA impressions online
• Obtained knowledge in the use of traditional and nontraditional media to increase company’s visibility
• Authored patient media pitches
• Obtain knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and industry trends
DePaul University’s International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
President/Founder January 2010-June 2011
Responsible for operating the chapter effectively so the needs of the members were served .Promoted professional development through chapter’s events and benefits.
? Increased membership to 1 to 16 within an 8-week period.
? Increased visibility in the DePaul University community by speaking in classrooms, and participating in special projects, for example, Saint Louise de Marillac video project for DePaul Women Network. Completed project with no funds, and in a timely manner.
? Established the organization by authoring chapter’s goals, objectives, by-laws and plans to meet the requirements of DePaul University’s student organization’s guidelines and IABC’s national student organization’s guidelines.
• Communicated with IABC head office and IABC Chicago professionals for chapter updates, and event planning
• Delegated tasks to executive board including making fliers, promotional assignments, booking rooms, and keeping minutes
• Utilized Facebook and Twitter to reach our target audience to attend our public events
• Booked guest speakers for quarterly events that consisted of networking and future trends in employment
• Established lasting relationships with professionals
• Worked with DePaul University’s staff on budget projections
• Managed, coordinated and motivated unpaid team members
The Wright Times- Community College Newspaper September 2008- February 2010 News Editor
• Edited stories and worked with reporters to improve grammar and style issues
• Implemented new procedures to increase productivity, such as internet editing, to provide quick and easy corrections for reporters
• Researched and fact-checked information for all articles
• Obtained knowledge of design, layout, and print production
• Managed multiple projects simultaneously
North Austin Chicago Public Library May 2009- June 2010
• Organized bookshelves and magazine racks to be user friendly
• Aided patrons in using the online database and working technology including printers, scanner, and copy machine