GRAPHIC DESIGN PROFESSIONAL • FINE ARTIST • PASSION FOR VISUAL ART & DESIGN
Accomplished, ambitious and dedicated design industry professional, adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously. Team oriented
I am a highly creative and multi-talented graphic designer and artist with extensive experience in multi-media marketing and print design. Successfully managed and coordinated graphic design/multi-media projects from concept through completion, collaborated with clients and teams to create vision, conceive designs and consistently met deadlines and requirements. Provided corporate identity, print, web design and multi-media design for internal and external GM Design automotive exhibits, productions and presentations. Active member of the GM Design Center Fine Art Committee, creating exhibits, exhibit graphic displays, media graphics and fine art contributions.
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan-BA
College for Creative Studies, Detroit, Michigan-BFA
Madonna University, Livonia, Michigan – Teaching Certification, Visual Arts Education BA
University of Michigan
Fine Art clients: exhibit design and multi-media graphic design and marketing consultant. Creating fine art for exhibition and post-graduate student at Madonna University.
General Motors Design Center
Creative Graphic Designer
Created multimedia designs for corporate identity, internal and external automotive productions in multimedia marketing and print design. I enjoyed being involved in the GM Design intern, student recruitment mentor program and founding member of the GM Design Center Fine Art Committee. Creative experience in the following:
• Oil painting, watercolor, printmaking, illustration, pen and ink, wash, pencil, charcoal, acrylics
• Computer generated digital art and graphics
• Visual Marketing Strategies
• Large scale murals and graphics for studios, exhibits, and products
• Product Design Graphics
• Brochures and Newsletters
• Logos and Business cards, Posters, Post Cards and Stationary
• Web Site Design and CD Cover Design
• HTML and Animation Designs-team based
• Video Editing and Video Photomontages-team based
• Exhibit design for multi-media productions (auto-shows, press releases)
• Executive presentations, internal and external productions
• Black and White Photography
• Retouching and Photograph Restoration
Visual designer and speech writing consultant, (personnel team assistant) for former GM Vice President of Design, Wayne Cherry, brainstormed and designed through to graphic production (print and multi-media).
• Product and Graphic Design Ideation
• Exhibit Display Ideation-multi-media productions: Maya/Alias, Flash, Photoshop and Illustrator
• GM Design Mark of Excellence 2008
• GM Design Fast Eddie Award 2008
• GM Design Mark of Excellence 2005
• GM Design Mark of Excellence 2003
• Spontaneous Recognition Awards: 1997, 1998, 2001, 2005, and 2008
Photoshop CS4, Illustrator CS4, In Design, Flash, HTML, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office, Mac OS X and PC platforms.
• NAEA National Art Educators Association
• DIA Detroit Institute of Art Member
• AIGA Professional Organization for Design
Member of the GM Design Center Art Committee (non-work related, volunteer activity), responsible for creative ideation of exhibits, exhibit design and produced all graphic needs for exhibits and panel member for judging. I also created fine art that regularly contributed to these exhibits and installations.
Provide portfolio preparation tutoring toward college acceptance in visual art programs to high school students.
Art Smart teaching volunteer for Novi Community School District.
Passionate about my fine art, I am inspired to create works in oil painting, drawing, and multi-media including digital for exhibition.
Avid runner, gardener and enjoy spending time with my family