Aspire to use my writing abilities and experience to provide an outstanding article for your publication.
NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE, Naperville, IL
¬B.A., Broadcast Communication June 2014
670 THE SCORE (WSCR) - Chicago, IL (January 2013-May 2013)
• Podcasted shows using Adobe Audition and uploaded them to the station’s website.
• Cut game highlights using Adobe Audition and ran the cuts into Audio Vault.
• Ran player/coach interviews into Audio Vault and cut up responses.
• Assisted Laurence Holmes and his producers by printing off box scores or running sound clips into Audio Vault.
• Participated in a 1-on-1 podcast between myself and Laurence Holmes.
NCC SPORTS INFORMATION DEPARTMENT- Naperville, IL (2011-Present)
• Coordinate and write weekly feature articles spotlighting student-athletes. Schedule and conduct interviews with said student-athletes.
• Control video board and run the SID Twitter account during football games, keep track of shot chart during basketball games and PA Announce during soccer, volleyball, and lacrosse matches.
• Make revisions to the athletics website and to game programs for upcoming sporting events and send out hometown releases for athletes who excelled in certain weeks.
PURE ROCK FM89 (WONC)- Naperville, IL (2010-Present)
• Host a show called "The Brand-New Block on FM89”, which features new rock music, and co-host a show called "Feel Good Fridays", which is a Friday afternoon talk/music show. Schedule and conduct phone interviews with bands such as Hinder, Black Stone Cherry, P.O.D., Pop Evil, etc.
• Broadcast North Central Football, Basketball, and Baseball games as both play-by-play and color commentator, Co-Host sports talk shows throughout the week, and create sports promos and openers using Adobe Audition and Audio Vault.
MOLINE HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL AND BASKETBALL TEAMS
• ¬Senior Captain (2009-2010 Season): Provided leadership to underclassmen, coordinated team meetings & pre-season workouts, and mentored certain non-varsity players.
K-MART- Moline, IL (2009-2011)
• ¬Operated cash register, communicated with customers and solved problems they encountered.
• Arrived as early as 4 A.M. on some days to stock shelves and create pallets/midways